djmckeever
    Participant
    @djmckeever

I currently have a lotus on my wrist and a large koi on the front of my forearm. (will post pix when I get to PC)
    I al looking for ideas to finish it out but its kinda hard seeing as I like so many different styles. I am looking to do bright colors and was thinking about a samurai mask but need some input on what you guys might recommend to fit with what I already got.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

479731_407147832710386_1000346563_n.jpg

djmckeever
    Participant
    @djmckeever

very valid point buttwheat

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Asking people what you should get isnt a good idea. Just look at lots of pictures of Japanese sleeves.

djmckeever
    Participant
    @djmckeever

Just trying to get some new ideas all I can think of are samurais, masks,tigers,and cherry blossoms lol

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

A geisha girl would be nice.

Now what about a tattoo?

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Check out old, authentic japanese art. May pick up a few ideas you haven’t thought of before.

Greyhound
    Participant
    @greyhound

There is one thing that goes really well with Koi and that is more koi. The key to aesthetic Japanese beauty is composition, you have a Koi and Lotus, then make the theme Koi and Lotus. You have plenty of other skin for other themes or things you like.

If you are not keen on the Koi, then how about another Auspicious animal? If you like traditional images then a Minogame (turtle) could work well. A Buddhist deity is also another option like Kannon.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Some of the best inspiration comes from pulling up the flora and fauna of the places you’re in love with.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 136760 wrote:

Some of the best inspiration comes from pulling up the flora and fauna of the places you’re in love with.

There is one plant that is native everywhere. The orchid.

djmckeever
    Participant
    @djmckeever

i have some ideas in mind i just have to figure out what the layout should be, gonna talk to brandon (my Artist) on the 10th and start tossing up ideas so we can start drawing. ill keep you guys updated as we come up with stuff.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.