Wow nice work!

Where is he based?

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

@peterpoose 131412 wrote:

Wow nice work!

Where is he based?

I know right? He’s based in Cianorte, in the state of Paraná, Brazil.
    He’s probably not famous yet because he’s in a small town, but he’s changing his studio to somewhere bigger sometime soon and I’m doing all I can to spread his name around, he definetly deserves it. I even hand out business cards for him lol

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

definitely good work! ganso galvao is another excellent artist from brasil. check him out.

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

@yodaddynukka 131422 wrote:

definitely good work! ganso galvao is another excellent artist from brasil. check him out.

Oh, cool! I will!
    Damn, I could browse trhough tattoo artists and tattoo work all day haha
    Anyway, I’m going to gather some more cash so I’m able to tip my artist and get some work done, when I do, I’ll post it here!
    We’re going to go piece by piece to construct the sleeve. Getting a big image here, a big one there sticking to the same style, and when there is a bunch covered we’re going to trhow in a background. I hope I can get it done soon, I am really excited. Thanks for everyone that posted here, this comunity rocks!
    None the less, if anyone got any tips or anything else to add at all, please do! Information and opinions (depending on the case) are never enough 🙂

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

If he’s going to be very successful, he’s going to have to learn to make himself readily accessible to paying customers. Just a thought.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Just because an artist isn’t world known, doesn’t mean they’re not busy.
    A lot of them work looong days, plus hours on drawing, answering e-mails, etc. Sure they just wanna come home to their loved ones too.
    If you don’t have the ability to drop by the studio for a consult or a chat, you need to gather your thoughts and wishes before making contact. Or you need to give them time to get back to you.

I know a lot of people think the industry needs more customer service, but after having worked in a shop and knowing several artists who are fed up with getting calls, texts to their personal phones/facebooks etc at ALL hours of the day, I strongly disagree. You don’t freakin call your artists on a Saturday night unless they’re working!!
    It’s awesome to chat with an artist about what you want, but go by the studio or call and make an appointment to talk it over if you know it’s gonna take a while. Send them an email and let them answer when they can. Ask them to put up a bit extra time during your next appointment to talk it over, etc. A lot of artists now are making a point out of not interrupting their work to answer phones etc. It takes away from the client sitting there, paying. I just think a lot of people getting tattooed, need a little bit more patience sometimes. These are all just people doing their best. E-mail is a wonderful way to make contact if you can’t show up in person. Everyone will answer when they get a chance! 🙂

And clearly he’s been able to talk to his artist and figure it out, so I don’t see the need to bash him?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@poxphobia 131560 wrote:

Just because an artist isn’t world known, doesn’t mean they’re not busy.

It doesn’t mean that they’re not damn good artist’s either.

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

Just to mention, I am able to reach him, just not anytime I want to… He doesn’t take more than one or two days to answer my messages.
    Anyway, all I need now is to gather some money so I can start working on the sleeve, we’ve got a few ideas already, when I give him the signal he’ll draw me the first one or two pieces and we will move from there. I’ll reply to this thread with any new information or progress I get.
    Darn, I’m so excited haha

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Sounds great! 🙂 Looking forward to seeing your progress!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@poxphobia 131560 wrote:

I know a lot of people think the industry needs more customer service, but after having worked in a shop and knowing several artists who are fed up with getting calls, texts to their personal phones/facebooks etc at ALL hours of the day, I strongly disagree. You don’t freakin call your artists on a Saturday night unless they’re working!!

[…]

And clearly he’s been able to talk to his artist and figure it out, so I don’t see the need to bash him?

This is true. I was hasty in what I said since he contacted the artist. I don’t think artists should be expected to give their time away for free. No one should miss making money or getting work done to have a vague, pointless chat. My point was that if someone makes a phone call and leaves a message, unless someone’s dead, you return it within 24 hours, especially if they’ve paid you previously. (I work with morons who won’t answer if it’s a life/death situation and there’s a three day Golden Girlsmarathon on. My view may be slightly biased.)

Also, I’d murder someone if they called me on a Saturday night I had off.

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

@GrayCatLove 131594 wrote:

This is true. I was hasty in what I said since he contacted the artist. I don’t think artists should be expected to give their time away for free. No one should miss making money or getting work done to have a vague, pointless chat. My point was that if someone makes a phone call and leaves a message, unless someone’s dead, you return it within 24 hours, especially if they’ve paid you previously. (I work with morons who won’t answer if it’s a life/death situation and there’s a three day Golden Girlsmarathon on. My view may be slightly biased.)

Also, I’d murder someone if they called me on a Saturday night I had off.

Haha yeah, I understand your point of view, really… I was between two artists for my first tattoo and I ended up doing it with veron, even though I’ve got to take a trip there for each session, because the other guy just wouldnt answer me even if his life depended on it. And when he finaly did, all he said was “schedule a session and we’ll talk”. Got me so upset at the time…
    Anyway, I’m now glad he did it, I ended up with a really good and friendly artist (although a bit busy at times), well worth the distance.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Joggem 131601 wrote:

And when he finaly did, all he said was “schedule a session and we’ll talk”. Got me so upset at the time…
    Anyway, I’m now glad he did it, I ended up with a really good and friendly artist (although a bit busy at times), well worth the distance.

I’m glad you didn’t go with the other artist. I understand being busy, but damn. I understand a good artist can’t help me unless I have my ducks in a row, but I’m not booking a session before a 3 minute conversation to see if we’re on the same page. It’s beautiful work, and glad he called you back.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.