Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

Hello everyone, a few of you ‘might’ remember me, I had a post about me getting my first tattoo a few months ago (quite a long time, yeah) and asking for some advice.
    So yeah, I’ve finaly finished it, and here it is:
    994545_549216441812510_141578973_n.jpg

I love it, in fact I love it so much I’d like to turn it into a sleeve. I think the wings going into my chest and back would look like the sleeve really fits me and look rather nice.

My idea for the next tattoo was a octopus wraping my right forearm, on the same style as the three-eyed-owl. Do you think it would look good on the same arm as the owl instead? I mean, that way my sleeve would be much closer to being complete, but I don’t know if it would merge in toghether because they are such different animals… And still, I’d need some more filling before trhowing in background, right?

By the way, before someone says “just go discuss it with your artist”, I’d love to, really… But he’s from another city and he’s rarely online so it makes things a bit harder, I could go to a different one just for ideas, but I think that would be kind of a asshole move on my part.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

It’s good for a start! You really need to turn it into a sleeve.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

With my artist, I often just make a phone call in the early afternoon before he gets cracking and chat about what I would like.

I plan on doing this tomorrow with my down time at work tomorrow. I know I want some tiger, that I like the Sak Yant style, and that I’m okay with him selecting any flora he wants, if any, and it can be on my lower back or side. Either way, it’ll be cool. I feel like he’s more of an aural person, and talking with him does best.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Joggem 131319 wrote:

“just go discuss it with your artist”,

This^^^^^^

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Looking good mate 🙂

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Looks good! I think it could work well with an octopus! A bit water vs air thingy.

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

Thanks for the input everyone!
    Buttwheat, yeah… I said I’d love to talk to him, but he’s hardly reachable, be it by phone or internet, and I can’t afford to travel there just for a quick chat :/
    Poxphobia: Well, thinking that way, yeah it would look rather nice i guess! I’d just have to figure out some more fillers before killing it with the background…
    Any sugestions on what could look nice in between? I will keep trying to reach the artist and figure something out, but as of now I can only speculate, and the more ideas I can gather, the better will the outcome be!

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I like what you have now and agree that it is going to be a really good start to a sleeve.

If you tell him you are planning a sleeve when you book the appointment, you can get him starting to think about it while he’s drawing up the octopus. Then while you are getting the octopus done you and the artist can throw some ideas around for the rest.

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

Okay! New idea!
    Here’s a picture of a tattoo I really liked while browsing online:
    wtMpXGd.jpg
    What if I used this one on the sleeve instead, and left the octopus to be done in a little bit more realistic style way on the other forearm? Do you think this would look good in black and grey, and along the owl? Though I think I’d remove the arrows and bloodstains… This tattoo fits perfectly for some stuff me and my family have been going trhough for some time already, and I’m in love with the art

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

First of all; Do not, ever ever ever, copy someone else’s tattoo!!! Removing minor details doesn’t help.
    A lady in a wolfs head is a fair idea that has been used a number of times, but get a personal design.
    That is a new traditional tattoo, a style I personally think looks best in color. Both ways can work. Find a good new traditional artist, and have them draw you something personal.

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

Yeah, you are right, I shouldn’t copy it, I don’t know what I was thinking, copying never crossed my mind before haha
    I can still use it for a reference though, my artist doesn’t copy stuff anyway.
    Now, on a different note, what would you say the style of my already finished tattoo to be? I really can’t tell, to me it looks like a mix of styles, but I’d like to know how I could aproach a research based on the style

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Goood boy 😉

First thing that came to my mind when I saw your tattoo, was a metalband called Kvelertak. Their vocalist has this stuffed owl mask in sort of that position(just imagine the clock being his head..) So I just keep thinking black metal. But clearly its probably not supposed to be!
    The other tattoo you posted is a new traditional one. There are facebook pages etc dedicated to this style, as it keep becoming more and more popular. A lot of beautiful work being made, so you should be able to find some inspiration there 🙂

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

Awesome, I will check both the band and the style you mentioned.
    Yeah, the tattoo has a little black metal grip to it, since it was done in my artist’s “own style”, and he’s a pretty hardcore black metal guy, with a inverted cross tattooed by himself across his eye and such lol
    I’ve traded a few messages with him, he said that both the octupus and the girl in wolf’s mask would work nice as the sleeve, so I guess I’ll go with the later and keep the octopus for the other arm.
    I’ve still got to gather some more money before getting it done, and when I schedule it he’ll draw me a new one from scratch, based off the references I send him. The girl and wolf will take about half of my forearm, and it’ll be done first, then we’ll keep adding a few more big images and when the arm has been quite a bit filled we will trhow in the background.
    That leaves me wondering what else I could get… Maybe something to represent my father, since the lady will be related to my mother… But that will take some thinking and researching first

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Who is your artist?

Joggem
    Participant
    @joggem

@yodaddynukka 131402 wrote:

Who is your artist?

This is his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/verontattoo
    He doesn’t get the recognition he deserves, in my opinion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.