Pawfoot
    Participant
    @pawfoot

I’ve been fantasizing about this tattoo since I was 16 and I cannot for the life of me find anyone that can (or will) draw it for me.

So here’s the gist…
    Starting from just under my left armpit and extending down my left side and ending close to my knee.
    I want no outlining, just fading colors.
    Fire (because its a Phoenix, right?)
    as traditional as possible.
    I want the colors to look naturally blended and faded…
    Not too over-the-top, but still “not-your-average”
    Both wings preferably on the same side (so think of the Phoenix as a side view, erupting from flames…)

and other than that I don’t know what else to include.
    Its a major piece… VERY important to me.
    I would also be willing to pay for the right work.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

You can’t have traditional and “no outlines” it doesn’t work.
    Have you talked to your artist about drawing up something?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I think you’ve got your lingo confused.
    Why don’t you post some pictures of the kind of styles you like? Doesn’t have to be a phoenix, but one that has this “no outlining” that you like, the kind of colors, fading etc. If you get your tattoo artist to draw it(and I think you should), it’s probably gonna make it a lot easier for them too if you can show them exactly what you mean in a picture ๐Ÿ™‚

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Here is a handful of awesome phoenix I have seen, not sure if any of these are the style you are looking at?

The last one isn’t a phoenix but its fire lol !

dysoci.jpg

ap7bbq.jpg

2s9ahjs.jpg

2uh32h2.jpg

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I think she means a traditional phoenix design not a traditional tattoo.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Have you talked to any tattoo artists about your idea? I think you need to find a great artist that excels in the style you want and then discuss the project with them. Check out the artists on Peter’s brag list – their might be one in your area (or within a day’s drive).

Pawfoot
    Participant
    @pawfoot

@buttwheat 128885 wrote:

I think she means a traditional phoenix design not a traditional tattoo.

Exactly.
    I’ve discussed it with my artist and he says that he would like to DO the tattoo, but suggested I try to find someone else to ensure that I get exactly what I want. He’s excellent at the fantasy work I love but he seems to think that this is a little out of his expertise…

Those tattoos are incredible, peterpoose. I especially like the flame work on the last one.
    If I could find someone that could incorporate that kind of flame with the look of the phoenix in the bottom right of this collage:
    ap7bbq.jpg
    It would be phenomenal.

Pawfoot
    Participant
    @pawfoot

also, I mean no outline so it looks like this:
    DSC07220_zps62a53d9e.jpg
    But I would like as much detail as possible in the face area, so I could see there being outlines there and then fading into the colors/no outline.
    (I am aware that technically this does still have outline, I was just using a quick example)

I am flexible in my design want here, because I have seen some highly detailed outlined pieces that I adore, so its not completely a necessity that it have no outline… I just liked the idea…

(also, not a fan of tribal tattoo style….)

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@Pawfoot 128906 wrote:

also, I mean no outline so it looks like this:
    DSC07220_zps62a53d9e.jpg
    But I would like as much detail as possible in the face area, so I could see there being outlines there and then fading into the colors/no outline.
    (I am aware that technically this does still have outline, I was just using a quick example)

I am flexible in my design want here, because I have seen some highly detailed outlined pieces that I adore, so its not completely a necessity that it have no outline… I just liked the idea…

(also, not a fan of tribal tattoo style….)

That looks like and awful tribal one ๐Ÿ˜›

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

You need to go find an amazing artist and have him/her draw it up for you. You can have someone make you a very pretty drawing, but that doesn’t mean it’s gonna work as a tattoo. This kind of thing needs to be drawn to fit your body, and the artist you chose probably wants to do the entire artwork themselves.
    A lot of artists love this kind of project, and would be happy to do it for you. But find someone you KNOW can do it like you want it done.

Pawfoot
    Participant
    @pawfoot

@poxphobia 128930 wrote:

You need to go find an amazing artist and have him/her draw it up for you. You can have someone make you a very pretty drawing, but that doesn’t mean it’s gonna work as a tattoo. This kind of thing needs to be drawn to fit your body, and the artist you chose probably wants to do the entire artwork themselves.
    A lot of artists love this kind of project, and would be happy to do it for you. But find someone you KNOW can do it like you want it done.

I’d give my right arm to find someone that could and was talented enough to do that kind of thing for me…
    Its just a crazy big and detailed piece and I don’t want it screwed up, which is what I’m afraid of..

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@Pawfoot 128964 wrote:

I’d give my right arm to find someone that could and was talented enough to do that kind of thing for me…
    Its just a crazy big and detailed piece and I don’t want it screwed up, which is what I’m afraid of..

Where are you based?

Take a look in my signature link to see top notch artists. Anyone of this type of caliber artists can do you a great job ๐Ÿ™‚

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Pawfoot 128964 wrote:

I don’t know if he made it onto Peter’s list, but someone else on the Forum just got a piece done by Paris Pierides out of Charlotte. It isn’t quite Georgia, but a great artist is worth the time/money that it takes to get to them. ROADTRIP!!!!

Pawfoot
    Participant
    @pawfoot

I’m living in Smyrna Georgia for the summer;
    I looked at that list and I’m planning on visiting the few around me this week ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.