cheezus
    Participant
    @cheezus

Howdy y’all. New here, and I found a lot of the posts I was browsing through to be interesting, so I decided to join in on this fun.

So I’ve had this tattoo for around five years or so now, and I’m interested into incorporating it into a half-sleeve(from around the elbow and down to my wrist). I’ve got a couple of ideas, but I’m really not sure which way I want to go with this.

One of them was to try going down a med-evil style route, a possible shield on my front forearm, a rose underneath it, along with some fillers to conjoin them.

Another I liked was turning my arm into a Japanese sleeve, with lotus flowers, possibly a kanji mask, a asian-styled house as well as other things.

My third idea was not to really get a connected sleeve, but to get seperate tattoos with a similar drawing style around that area of the arm.

Here’s my tattoo:

mytattoo.jpg

And here are some pictures of some styles of art, and of tattoos that I liked:

elebuddah.jpg

retro_tattoo_sleeve.jpg

cool_tattoo_sleeve.jpg

japaneeeese.jpg

550337_4031965722803_1717637597_n.jpg

What do y’all think? Which one is your favorite? And do you think my ideas would flow well with the tattoo I have currently? Do you think I should take a different route? Or do you have any other ideas of what I could get that are totally different that you’d like to share? Any input would be appreciated.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

I like the elephant on the hand.
    The picture of your tattoo did not come through.

Keep us posted.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

welcome to the forum.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Welcome… Really need to see what you have to help with what to add.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Welcome to forums mate, pictures broken for me also.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

The hand tattoo is great, but the one by “INK XTC” is just horrible, please don’t get that!

as far as your tattoo goes, how about a coverup? Either way I think it’s going to need to be touched up because its faded a lot, and will look out of place with brand new ink beside it.

mytattoo.jpg

cheezus
    Participant
    @cheezus

My current tattoo:

11qhi04.jpg

Let me know if it doesn’t show up again.

Are cover ups that size possible? My tattoo pretty much takes up a lot of my inner fore-arm area, and it also has color.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Welcome to the forum! The pictures worked for me.

I think that the first thing you have to do is spend some time figuring out what style you prefer. Those samples you posted are all over the place – traditional, Japanese, not sure what style the elephant is called (but I do like it).

I wouldn’t worry too much about whether it will “go” with what you already have because, like Amok said, it really will need to be either reworked or covered up. It looks pretty faded already so I bet it would cover pretty good. There is really very little colour left in it already. Or you could hit it with a few laser sessions first.

Once you know what style you want FIND A REALLY GOOD ARTIST WHO EXCELS IN THAT STYLE!!! Do not go back to whoever gave you that giant-toed dragon. And, for Pete’s sake, keep the next one protected from the sun!

And because it can never be said too often: Once you know what style you want FIND A REALLY GOOD ARTIST WHO EXCELS IN THAT STYLE!!!

cheezus
    Participant
    @cheezus

^ thanks for the suggestion

cheezus
    Participant
    @cheezus

Is there a resource or method on how to find good tattoo artists in a specific area? Something other than just Google or visiting individual shops. Or do you personally know good cover up artists in that Massachusetts area?

As for the type of cover up artist I’m looking for what I’ve been looking at is a lot of leafy-nature designs. Some are really beautiful. And it seems like that would be the most realistic kind of design that I really like which actually seems possible to do as a cover up. But I am no expert and know not much about the cover up process…

Something like:

Guy.jpg

girl.jpg

But maybe with more of a greener theme due to my origional tattoo.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.