OutOfIdeas
Participant
@outofideas

Im thinking about getting a tattoo on my ribs, but i need an idea of something to symbolize this motto? I wouldnt mind having the script incorperated, but i dont want just the script. Does anyone have any ideas, or mind throwing together a quick sketch if possible? Thanks

OutOfIdeas
Participant
@outofideas

My only idea is thas, its a Maori hook, the symbol stands for prosperity, strength, and determination (through or with all of these traits, you put a lot into life and are thus rewarded) but this is just a start, i would like to add some details inside and/or around it, and the script “you get out of life what you put into it”
I want it to be about 12 inches tall, 4-5 wide, on my ribs.
Any ideas on what or how to finish it?

my design
maori.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

example of original
maorifishhookpendant2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Please do your reference work on images and don’t ask someone on the internet to do it! Then take your references to a tattooer/shop you like and have them add their deal to it by drawing it up. You will be way more satisfied and it is not only part of the experience but the price.

For me, this makes me think of hard working but that is me. So what do those words mean to you? If you keep coming back to words rather than images try googling those words and see what pops up.

OutOfIdeas
Participant
@outofideas

i tried finding symbols for hard working, but i couldnt find anything really. And i ended up with a sketch last night of the hook, in only two peices with the script inside (except my script looks like a 4 year old did it…) but i just need some ideas as to what to put around the hook to make it more interesting, its kind of simple by itself? I cant think of anything that will fit well with this.
But i will take it to a shop when i get a better idea, i just didnt want to show up with nothing at all

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

If you’re having trouble just find a tattooer/shop you like and take the idea to them and if they are a true tattooer they will be able to walk you throw it for some images. I’m thinking Traditional represents this but thats my mind……..

OutOfIdeas
Participant
@outofideas

So i changed my mind, i wasnt really coming up with any ideas, and it just didnt seem totally right, so i came up with something completely different. My new idea is two koi fish circling each other, inside a ying-yang type thing (to symbolize my parents, complete opposites yet they work together)
The ideas here ( http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-designs/418-idea-my-first-real-tattoo-koi-fish-ying-yang-thing-introducing-myself.html#post4577) i thought i would post it here as it seems to get more traffic

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
OutOfIdeas;78776 wrote:
So i changed my mind, i wasnt really coming up with any ideas, and it just didnt seem totally right, so i came up with something completely different. My new idea is two koi fish circling each other, inside a ying-yang type thing (to symbolize my parents, complete opposites yet they work together)
The ideas here ( http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-designs/418-idea-my-first-real-tattoo-koi-fish-ying-yang-thing-introducing-myself.html#post4577) i thought i would post it here as it seems to get more traffic

it sort of seems to me like your getting a tattoo “just to have one”. dont jump into it. if you cant find what you want, dont get something else just for the hell of it. think about it a long time. if you still like the idea in a couple months, then do it

OutOfIdeas
Participant
@outofideas

Its not so much that im getting something else because i couldnt find what i wanted, i actually kind of had the other idea while searching for stuff for the first idea, and liked it more. I will have plenty of time to think about it though, because i wont be able to afford it for a few months anyway. Thanks though

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
OutOfIdeas;78781 wrote:
Its not so much that im getting something else because i couldnt find what i wanted, i actually kind of had the other idea while searching for stuff for the first idea, and liked it more. I will have plenty of time to think about it though, because i wont be able to afford it for a few months anyway. Thanks though

word, then get some stuff drawn up man! start the search for an artist.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.