ataraxia
Participant
@ataraxia

I want to get a tattoo of the word ataraxia.

for those that don’t know, ataraxia is basically defined as peace of mind and freedom from worry. this is a very important concept to my life, and i want it to be placed somewhere where i can see it often.

it seems most logical for me to get it on my forearm or wrist (as a reminder), but i’m also getting this for an aesthetic purpose, and prefer the shoulder, chest, ribs, or bicep.

i’m worried about getting a lettering tattoo because many of them seem feminine to me, so i’ve been scouring the internet for more masculine fonts, but haven’t had much luck. if anyone could recommend some, that’d be great. i prefer simple or classic ones, and i’d probably say thin lettering would work best. i’d like to avoid fonts that are intimidating or creepy looking. just something simple.

i’d be open to a design not just involving lettering.

please don’t hesitate to respond with any ideas at all, even if you don’t think they are good. i’m not a very artistic person and i could really use the inspiration regardless!

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Your post really doest sound like the work of a person who lives a life defined by the idea of ataraxia.
You even wrote the word worried in your post twice which doesnt show peace of mind or freedom from worry.
In addition the concept of needing it where you can see it further contradicts the foundation of you stated desire for the tattoo.
Maybe the best advice I can give you right noow would be to hang fire a while and be sure you understand what your about to tattoo onto your body for ever and how much it really means to you.

svendsgaard
Participant
@svendsgaard

I think it would be best if you get it on your forearm, there is space enough and you can see it all the time…
What about Old English for the fon? It’s not that feminine and it don’t look creepy…
Just my oppinion ๐Ÿ™‚

ataraxia
Participant
@ataraxia
Cornishtiger;72516 wrote:
Your post really doest sound like the work of a person who lives a life defined by the idea of ataraxia.
You even wrote the word worried in your post twice which doesnt show peace of mind or freedom from worry.
In addition the concept of needing it where you can see it further contradicts the foundation of you stated desire for the tattoo.
Maybe the best advice I can give you right noow would be to hang fire a while and be sure you understand what your about to tattoo onto your body for ever and how much it really means to you.

Exactly. I don’t live my life by the idea of ataraxia, hence the reason why I want to have a reminder of it on my body.

svendsgaard, i like that idea. I’ll look at some old english fonts.any more ideas would be appreciated! ๐Ÿ™‚

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

go to dafonts.com. there are tons of fonts there. there’s some under celtic and modern that don’t look feminine.

ataraxia
Participant
@ataraxia

thanks so much for that font site! i really got some good ideas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.