eleven_butterflies
    Participant
    @eleven_butterflies

Hey y’all, I’d really appreciate some help with this.
    About two years ago, I got this tattoo done on my lower back. I’ve been trying to figure out how to “fix” the wings since then. I’m assuming I’m going to have to expand the butterfly wings, but I’m having issues with it because of the green leaf that it’s perched on. I wanted the wings to be more smoothly “rounded” rather than this ruffly looking thing I’ve got going on now lol

Will someone PLEASE try to figure something out?
    Here’s the close up of mine….

tatt-1.jpg

I wanted the wings to be smooth, not bumpy. Something a little more like this.

Butterflytattoo.jpg

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

what you are wanting is not a problem, the piece you have is very faded and a cover over with the right design would be fine, as for the leaf, i would just get it redone and it would be fine

you need to find a good artist, dont attempt going to a friend of a friend who has a kit from ebay ๐Ÿ˜‰

eleven_butterflies
    Participant
    @eleven_butterflies

thank you, that makes me feel a little bit better about it!
    i’m also debating whether or not i want the kanji symbol covered by a flower. do you think that would be difficult, since it’s in black ink?

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

The picture is a little low quality to be sure. The kanji appears to be a bit faded. Depending on the artist, and the fower it may be able to be done. One of the seasoned professionals may be able to be more specific than that. Mostly it will depend on the artist you choose. My recommendation would be to find one that has a high reputation near you, and then ask him/her if they think they can do it.

eleven_butterflies
    Participant
    @eleven_butterflies

alright, I tried to take a better picture (which isn’t that easy lol)…hope it’s a little better quality. i went to a tattoo place yesterday and the guy (who was a douche bag by the way) told me that i should just have it removed…from what i understand his work isn’t that great so i’m pretty sure he was just trying to cover his ass because he didn’t want to admit that HE didn’t know how to fix the wings. all I want is to have them smoothed out. I want several artists opinions. Can it be done fairly easily? and yes I realize it needs to be retouched lol

0911090021-4.jpg

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

im not sure if i would keep the kanji or not . as for the butterfly i think it would all need re doing and not just the wings

eleven_butterflies
    Participant
    @eleven_butterflies

the kanji is staying, i just wanna know bout the wings.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

You have 2 choices really;

You can rework the wings into something more vibrant (easier)

Or

You can do a cover up which would mean a much bigger butterfly but one which can be much more detailed and more intense in the colours. (Harder)

Whatever you choose I would also recommend a reshade and outline of the kanji to keep it looking fresh.

Go see a pro and they will get you sorted in no time.

Take Care
    Matthew

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

To me, the entire butterfly looks like a blob. Even knowing it IS a butterfly, I have a hard time seeing it in there. So my 2 cents would be that I agree with Sherav’s second option… to redo it bigger and better.

bojie
    Participant
    @bojie

This could totally be redone! Arnivader is right, if the picture quality were clear it would be easier to tell but right now it’s just a blurr. I’m a big fan of kanji so I think it should just be freshened up and yes, enlarge the wings by a size and use the bumpy edges that exist now to build on for inner wing detail. The leaf isn’t a problem, just get it reworked into the new design. Leaving any part of the old tat undone will just look wrong once the new ink is in. Make it all fresh and new and you’l be happy with it again!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i think i would cover the butterfly with a flower and add a new butterfly above the kanji :rolleyes:

eleven_butterflies
    Participant
    @eleven_butterflies

i went to an awesome tattoo artist a few days ago, and we worked something out. now i just have to find the money to get it done! ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks y’all.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.