stitchy
    Participant
    @stitchy

I have recently got a tattoo and think it looks a bit out of proportion on my back, the tattoo itself needs correcting (not symmetrical and shading is not great). However when i go to get this fixed i was thinking about adding something to the background or next to it etc.

If anyone could come up with a flame design that would suit the design then that would be great, it does not have to be a flame design but something that would just make the design look a bit better e.g. knotwork or tribal or anything that you think would be good as i dont think it looks very good on my back on its own. I am terrible at drawing and designing so if anyone could help that would be great. I dont mind it being fairly big but not huge.

click on the link for the image of the current tattoo

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/djstitchy/Picture0140.jpg

thanks

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

Hey Stitchy, what is the tat ? I cant quite put a finger on it looks like some kind of Taurus symbol. It’s the horns that are off centre and angled wrong. I’m a great believer in matching up existing tats and at the moment I dont see how or where flames fit into the overall image,get back to me please,

Hoani

stitchy
    Participant
    @stitchy

yea it is a taurus symbol, the horns are terrible and the design i think is a bit too small for where it is positioned and just wanted to make it look a bit more interesting, do you think it is fixable and what do you think is the best thing to do with it?

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

Het Stitchy,lost my earlier post never mind start again, yeah the back area is quite large and for me at least it needs to be in poportion to the space. I would carry on with the theme perhaps from Greek mythology ?. I try to match the wearers personality and character likes dislikes etc, there are variables all the way through your zodiac sign and astrological reading, you will notice that sometimes you dont quite match up, I dont have the means to send you a picture just yet otherwise I would sketch something for you keep me in touch I’d like to follow your progress good luck Hoani

stitchy
    Participant
    @stitchy

Hey, thanks for your help. I am currently studying greek and roman epics and so i think what you said would be a great idea. I was thinking maybe adding the words κλέος тιμή (Kleos, Time) which translate in english to Respect, Honour, Fame and Glory written above it. And perhaps lightening bolts (symbol of zeus) behind the Taurus symbol.

Please tell me what you think and if you think this would work as a tattoo. Any other ideas would be great. Also do you think the horns could be fixed? someone in another thread suggested boldening the lines up and going over the shading, would that help centralise them?.

Thanks 🙂

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

Hey Stitchy, good to know I was able to help in some small way, as a suggestion I would transform the taurus symbol into infinity and completely block it out , sometimes trying to correct an image makes it worse.that way you can centre the image more evenly and not worry about shading problems. The translation sounds really cool its obviously you.
    Most times people add to their current tat2 and for me I like to carry on with the same theme and flow so that the whole meaning has a continuaty,I can only assume that the language is of the north the kind of people that are strong featured and character so work on that maybe ? . keep me in touch like to know how you’re progressing k ?, good luck.

Hoani.

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

ooooppss, sorry Stitchy my mistake GREEK ! !, It doesn’t matter too much most cultures are tenacious its why they exist. Just change one from the snow to the sea cheers, Hoani

stitchy
    Participant
    @stitchy

how do you think the best way of turning it into an infinity symbol would be? If it is not possible is there anything else i could do with it to turn it into something else? because of its shape i can’t see it myself. Would it be possible to see a sketch or something? Im all worried about how its gunna turn out now lol.

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

Hey there Stitchy, infinity is the figure eight the general shape is already in place,the lines just need to be cleaned and tightened then block it as in solid black fill, from there follow the natural shape of the infinity symbol its the focus point for any additions. Your idea of greek lettering over the top would look just cool. There is so much Greek and Roman history, idealogy,theology etc to to draw from, the whole concept is facinating good luck, Hoani

stitchy
    Participant
    @stitchy

hey, sounds like a great idea. however do you think blocking it all out completely black would look good? ive tried drawing over it but its hard to imagine what it would look like under the skin. The gap between the horns is smaller than the one in the loop, do you think that would make it look odd? Sorry for asking lots of questions lol but i want to try and make this the best I possibly can.

thanks

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

Hey there Stitchy, the solid fill deals with the shading and cleans it up it also helps with tightening up the edge. The size of the horns and gap between them dont matter quite so much its the overall shape of the infinity symbol thats important, it wouldn’t be difficult to do a good tatooist would handle it easily. The solid fill may seem heavy but what it does is soften the image and give a one dimensional appearance it woud also suit greek lettering. Taureans are born leaders and the Greeks like the Romans are the founders of todays society. good luck Hoani

stitchy
    Participant
    @stitchy

What do you think to just filling in the current shape? would you be able to reallign the horns that way?

many thanks.

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

Hey there Stichy, Yeah pretty much get your artist/tattooist to re-align the image by using your vertabrae that brings everything into vertical alignment and from there just tighten the edges. complete fill will clean up the symbol without having to worry about shading,if you have an ex artist you dont have prob,good luck Hoani.

stitchy
    Participant
    @stitchy

as soon as i have some money i will get this done and post photos on here. Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.