Oinkerella
    Participant
    @oinkerella

I would like to get a memorial tattoo, but i would like it to be designed were I could add other names later on. I have seen doves with a banner in their beak, but i think if I added more banners to it it would look too over done. Any sugestions?

Four29
    Participant
    @four29

Banners are great, but if you are deciding on going that route, I would try to leave the design open so that you could add to it later…unfortunately, your design may look incomplete…if done right you could probably use some background shading to fade out the banner that way if you want to add later, you could use the shading to fade another banner in…Hope I’m of some help…

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi
    Alternately you could have a background built around the dove such as clouds, branchesm rainbow etc and have the extra names added into the background so that they form part of the structure of the tattoo.

It would require some planning on space for the tattoo so it does not looked cramped. Otherwise you could perhaps add another memorial tattoo, there are hundreds of designs from praying hands, rosaries formed from the name in the chain? (not a catholic but is that the right term for the beads?), stars, crosses etc.

Or as a final thought you could use the dove and another symbolic piece as a whole tattoo, one design my brother had done was a dove that was shaped from a hebrew prayer (the outline was formed by the words) and within the spread wings he had the names of our parents. Unfortunately he has passed on but if I find a photo of it I will post it up so you can get an idea.

Good luck and sorry for whatever your loss is – May G-d grant you a long life.

Matthew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.