Lazuli
    @

I want a female dragon head on my lower back. What I want is very specific, and I have been looking for years with no luck :confused:

So here goes *deep breath*

I want a dragon head on my lower back. the dragon to me symbolises grace and strength. Pride and elegance. I want it in greyscale, with the eyes a vibrant purple. and i want 2 small dragon sillhouettes either side at the top to give the design a feel of triangulation (yes, i just made that word up :D) And i want it fairly detailed / realistic… as realistic as a fictional animal can be of course. I’m also toying with the idea of having a claw underneath that looks like it is drawing in the skin under the nails, as i love tattoos that work with the body, not just pictures slapped on it.

I want the dragon on my lower back so that essentially she is watching my back.

And i somehow want her to be a HER.

Most dragon designs i can find have beards or horns or huge eyebrows, all of which make them look very masculine. or of course there’s the cartoonic ones with big lips and eyelashes for ‘girl dragons’. Or fairy type girly ones. All i want is something elegant and imposing, protective.

When i try to explain this to tattoo artists though, i get responses like “dragons aren’t female. They’re male because they’re big and mean and scary. That’s what a dragon is.”
    Or blank looks, and of course they ask me to bring in pics to try and show them the sort of thing i’m after.

Has anyone seen a design similar to what i want (ie an elegant dragon head) that i could take to the tattooists to work with, or would anyone out there possibly be interested in taking a crack at designing it?

It’s times like this i really wish i had an ounce of artistic ability…

cscottdraw
    Participant
    @cscottdraw

I will give it a shot when I have the time… if you find anything online send it to me

cscottdraw
    Participant
    @cscottdraw

actually, check out this site:
    http://www.deviantart.com/
    and do a search for dragon… you will find alot of masculine ones, but I saw a few feminie ones as well

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.