AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

LAME LAME LAME!!!

Now don’t get me wrong the movie’s story was good and the sexual tension between cullen and bella is HAWWWWTTTT but the acting was a bit on the over dunnit side and at times not that great.

I expected this but since I have a fetish with vamps I had to go see it.

Thank god the books are good.

Anyone else read the books and/or watched the movie?

Lady_Baglady
    Participant
    @lady_baglady

Heh, I’ve been avoiding all that stuff like the frickin’ plague. I was gonna read the books, but then my little sister was going on and on and on about it, and from the info she told me, I was jsut like, nah, I don’t think anything good would come of this. I’d read the books, then see the movie, then rant and rave about how the movie wasn’t close enough to the book, etc, lol, that or I’m just a lazy asshole.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

lolo good job cause your right about the comparison about the book to the movie… but thats expected.

Someone once said the story is too close to Dawsons Creek meets Vampires and good god were they right!!

Its based in a quite lil town and the love and resentment between ppl is too soap opera-ish. and the sexual frustration of it all its like holy crap JUST BUMP UGLIES ALREADY!!! sheesh :rolleyes:

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

My girlfriend loved the books and said the movie was crap compared to it. I saw the movie, and didn’t think much of it, and am already sick to death about all the moody little teenagers treating twilight like it’s the damn bible haha 🙂

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

You know I went to see this film with my wife and daughter.

It was the first time i have ever heard my daughter shut up for for around 90 mins.

That said the lameness was just killing me – it was really really really painful to watch those 2 pining at each other.

*Chucks up*

You would think after around 2 centuries or whatever he would have got around to losing his virginity and wouldnt be walking around with so much angst.

Matthew

teh_universe
    Participant
    @teh_universe
    Sherav;38985 wrote:
    You know I went to see this film with my wife and daughter.

It was the first time i have ever heard my daughter shut up for for around 90 mins.

That said the lameness was just killing me – it was really really really painful to watch those 2 pining at each other.

*Chucks up*

You would think after around 2 centuries or whatever he would have got around to losing his virginity and wouldnt be walking around with so much angst.

Matthew

I think he took acting lessons from Gerard Way…

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Hahaha to the above two comments. I can’t stand twilight, I work in a video store and it’s all I hear about!

haider
    Participant
    @haider

Honestly I’ve never despised a literary work more than Twilight. I don’t mean to offend any fans but to me it is contrived and immature, like a dumbed down version of Anne Rice with borrowed elements from other novels.

To me it seems as though the book was written solely for the purpose of marketing hype and merchandising in mind. It has paved the way for a seemingly harmless preoccupation with Twilight, its sequels and films which in my opinion is time that kids could spend on more intellectually stimulating or at least original material.

But yeah, besides sounding like someone with a stick up their a** , I really think the current Twilight craze is disturbing.

@

I saw new moon.Didnt find it entertaining at all.The movie was extremely slow and I didnt see the first one so I didnt get what was going on.2 thumbs down.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i have heard all the fuss about this show but never seen it

izzys
    Participant
    @izzys

I was just impressed by the aestheticism picture, which actually could take just my breath away.

Blue1
    Participant
    @blue1
    haider;51201 wrote:
    Honestly I’ve never despised a literary work more than Twilight. I don’t mean to offend any fans but to me it is contrived and immature, like a dumbed down version of Anne Rice with borrowed elements from other novels.

To me it seems as though the book was written solely for the purpose of marketing hype and merchandising in mind. It has paved the way for a seemingly harmless preoccupation with Twilight, its sequels and films which in my opinion is time that kids could spend on more intellectually stimulating or at least original material.

But yeah, besides sounding like someone with a stick up their a** , I really think the current Twilight craze is disturbing.

I agree. I have read the books and saw the first movie b/c my daughter practically got on her hands and knees and begged…. I totally picked it apart and made such fun of it that my daughter wouldn’t speak to me on the way home. (I enjoyed those 60 minutes!)

But its all a hype and now there are MORE books and such non-sense directed toward the same story lines.

I want to find a rock to crawl under until it is all over with!

miss_ivy
    Participant
    @miss_ivy

Never seen it or read the books, too many people have said its rubbish so put me off x

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

Sadly I have seen both the movies and they are totally for little Hot Topic girls

The only upside to this is that I am a huge Zombie fan and these movies have made vampires so acceptable and non frightening that Hollywood has a whole slew of Zombie films coming up to scare the crap out of people whoo hoo

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1
    Aussie_Al;55999 wrote:
    Sadly I have seen both the movies and they are totally for little Hot Topic girls

The only upside to this is that I am a huge Zombie fan and these movies have made vampires so acceptable and non frightening that Hollywood has a whole slew of Zombie films coming up to scare the crap out of people whoo hoo

Unless some guy jumps on the money bandwagon and makes a zombie-twilight sort of film.
    Girl goes to new school, zombie boy falls in love with her but they can’t kiss or touch, in case he accidently loses control and EATS HER BRAINS! :p

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.