Jessi
    @

Would you let a girl join your band? I’m black and I want to be in a rock band. I’m pretty good on guitar, so, hypothetically, of course, would you let me join your band if one of the band members quit or you were just starting out? Or would you be hung up on the fact that I’m a girl, or dare I say, black? If it was an all guy band, would you let a girl join?

ixamxlegendx
    Participant
    @ixamxlegendx

im in a band im a chick id let u join its all dudes and me

Fonzie T
    Participant
    @fonzie-t

Hell yes, I would. Esp. if we had common influences. Why not. If I had a band, the type of music I’d be making would likely require either a guy who could hit very high falsetto notes or a girl who can hit em naturally.

secretlullabies
    Participant
    @secretlullabies

im a girl and ive been in 3 bands. I say if guys cared then thats BS b/c come on Paramore freakin rocks and theres a girl singing.

Haji DNatrix
    Participant
    @haji-dnatrix

the great thing about true music and music lovers, it doesn’t matter.

much luck in your travels through sound

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

i would have to say it all depends on if your any good or not

some guys get hung up on telling the girl in the band that they are not up to scratch for fear of being branded sexist and wanting their badn to be another “sausagefest”

i had a girl in one of my bands once and she was crap so we kicked her out.

but now i know three superb female bass players and my girlfriend is an astounding singer. if i was still in a band i would have no problem having any of them in my band.

IronKing
    Participant
    @ironking

I’ve been in a couple bands with girls. One was a drummer, the other was a vocalist…

The vocalist didn’t work out because, like a lot of vocalists, she got this idea that it was HER band

We have no problem with girls being in the band as long as she has the right personality. We don’t wanna be called pigs when trying to get laid after a show

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.