sweettraveltrudy
    Participant
    @sweettraveltrudy

I watched amelie, Are there any other good french films you would recommend?
    Romantic Comedies or similar?
    have to have subtitles but I guess most dvd’s would.

Nikki
    Participant
    @nikki

Apres Vous and L’Auberge Espagnole are great.

AudreyCole.uk.
    Participant
    @audreycole-uk

I loved Amelie, as well, but one of my favorite French foreign film is Les Choriste It’s not exactly similar to Amelie, but it is such a cute movie-I really think you would enjoy it. Cheers!

belickcat
    @

You could try Angel-A. it’s a supernatural romantic comedy set in Paris. Don’t worry about the Black and white photography – it is so beautiful.
    The ‘Taxi’ series of movies are enjoyable French comedies with madcap car chases thrown in.
    Pauline at the Beach (which I saw years ago) was gentle and rather lovely.
    Betty Blue is a controversial romantic / tragic comedy (well kind of!) with some rather naughty bits in it.
    If you can catch it on BBC some time ‘Day for Night’ is a classic french comedy about the making of a film.
    Subway is another romantic adventure comedy set on the metro.

psymon
    @

Here’s a link to info on the international movie data base on a really cool French movie. It’s not exactly Amelie, but then again nothing is (except Amelie, of course).
    I thought it was excellent, I hope you can find it. And if you can, I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119038/

Willoughby Belch
    Participant
    @willoughby-belch

No. That’s the only good one.

Richard C
    Participant
    @richard-c

Les cops
    Diva

billybonzobones
    Participant
    @billybonzobones

This is my favourite film:
    Les Amants de pont Neuf.
    It is not a comedy but it is a romance with a happy ending.
    I strongly recommend it.

nater4817
    @

hundreds of great French films, maybe thousands.

Look up Francois Truffault, Jean-Luc Godard and Luis Bunuel. Also check out “Delicatessin”, same director as Amelie: Jean-Pierre Jeunet

“Une femme est une femme” by Godard has a similarly playful sense of humour to Amelie.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.