Claidi
    @

…type voice? There’s one guy, he does some vocals in Bang the Doldrums (“The tombstones we’re waiting, they were half engraved. They knew it was over, they just didn’t know the date.”) and Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying (“Now I only obsess over you… in the dark lying on top of you… ” plus the some freaky screaming immediately after that). I want to know because I think his voice is awesome in an interesting, slightly creepy way! Thanks for the help, anyone who answers!
    Is it really Pete Wentz? If it is the who’s the lead singer? I am SO confused right now…
    I know Fall Out Boy’s not heavy metal, it’s alternative. I was just saying that the screaming guy sounded vaugely heavy metal-ish. And that comment was not the LEAST BIT offensive or un-called for!

fobroxforever
    @

For the person that said Andy does the screaming, they should know that they are absolutely wrong. Anybody who has ever seen them perform live knows that Patrick is the lead singer and Pete does all of the screaming. Pete also screams in some of the other songs including:

The Carpal Tunnel of Love
    Calm Before the Storm
    Bang the Doldrums
    Saturday (Here’s a video of it and you can see that he’s the one that does the screaming)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UEzhlFqtAJk&mode=related&search=
    This is them doing it live so that no one can question it.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=qeBGSBtModI
    And part of the screaming in Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying. Actually he trades off with some other guy (I forgot his name) so it’s actually a duet. Their voices are so similar, though, it’s hard to tell. He does the lines “Now I only obsess over you” and “In the dark lying on top of you” and part of the “This has been said” part.

Pete’s the screamer in the band because he used to be in a hard-core band called Arma Angelus, and I believe he screamed in that band.

Laurennnnnnnnnn
    @

im almost positive its pete wentz who does the screaming.

Jenn
    Participant
    @jenn

pete wentz i think thats who your talking about

toastxcore
    Participant
    @toastxcore

Pete Wentz does the speaking in Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying.
    Patrick Stumph is the lead singer and Pete is the bassist.
    I don’t know about Andy doing any singing but i guess it’s possible.I think he used to be in some metal bands before?
    I haven’t heard ‘Bang the Doldrums’ cos i haven’t got the new album and nor do i particularly want it tbh.
    :]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.