bg43214
    @

What music did your parents listen to? DId it influence your taste in music at all?

MOMMY
    @

I was born in ’83 and listened to “the oldies” growing up… mostly 60’s and 70’s music which is what my parents listened to. I still like the music and probably has much to do with why I listen to mostly rock!

tilly
    Participant
    @tilly

queen blonde kate bush and bay city rollers lol oh and irish songs like danny boy when irish eyes are smileing

marcelino
    Participant
    @marcelino

It was Disney days at that time…

Remember Aladdin and Lion King? omg, those were my favorites at that time! lol

whisker123456
    @

i grew up with all kinds of music. my dad is a dj.

Gene
    @

old time country, I like the new country and some of the old I would say yes unfortunately lol.

~♥jess_ooi♥~
    @

oldies…oldies…oldies and oldies…i just love them as much as my father did!

n1c3~N~t#1ck’07
    @

i grew up listenin to rap/hip-hop yeah it did influence my taste in music.

jason m
    @

80’s hair bands…..

parents listened to beatles I guess – who knows

it really didn’t influence me… except the Eagles… got my love for the Eagles from them. And Elvis……

Paul Hxyz
    Participant
    @paul-hxyz

There was a wide-variety of music in our house – classical, musical theater, comedy (Tom Lehrer), jazz, big band, etc. I grew up on classic rock from the 60’s and 70’s, but I still love Beethoven, etc., and a wide variety of other music. I’m primarily a blues-rock guy, but as a musician I can appreciate quality music of any style.

Beth
    Participant
    @beth

My mom listened to Motown and Elvis. My dad listened to Queen, Zeppelin, KISS (he named me after the song Beth), The Alman Brothers, 3 Dog Night, CCR, etc.

?sweet?
    @

rock
    not really

Wysteria
    @

Rock and roll and R&B from the 50s,60s,and 70’s. GREAT stuff.

momofaboy15
    Participant
    @momofaboy15

classic rock, and yes I tend to listen to it also.

Guardian Demon
    Participant
    @guardian-demon

This memory is painfull…
    My parents had me listening to old pop music (especially Billy Joel and Phil Collins) until I got older. When I was about 12 I realized I wasn’t a pop person so I started learning my real “taste” in music. My friends always talked about AC/DC so I decided to check them out. I became addicted to them. Then I started listening to other classic rock bands like Led Zeppelin. After I moved to the area I’m living in now I bought Metallica’s “Black Album”. I connected with the music so much that I eventually became obsessed with the band. That is what got me into Metal (I know the “Black Album” isn’t real metal) and I’m still listening to it today.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.