Benevolence
    Participant
    @benevolence

Reason I’m asking this is because it seems like in order to be considered a hip hop fan, Illmatic has to be the greatest album of all time, 2Pac has to be the greatest rapper of all time, you have to think Jay-Z is a biter/sell-out, and you have to hate club music. I disagree with all of those statements. Hip-hop is a lot deeper than Jay-Z vs. Nas/Biggie vs. 2Pac. Just because I don’t think 2Pac is the greatest rapper of all time means I’m a hip-hop poser? Sure I used to, but that’s when I jumped on the bandwagon. When I started getting a mind of my own, I realized he wasn’t as great people claim him to be. And that means I’m a disgrace to hip-hop? I call BULLSHIT. So please tell me your opinions on this.
    And please don’t get me wrong, if you TRULY think Pac was the greatest, then by all means, do you. It’s all in opinion anyway. But if you think he was the greatest just because you saw it in “The Source” then you should reevaluate your standards.

AJ08
    Participant
    @aj08

to the dude above me: “come to the south and noone can name 2 songs off that cd”……yet everyone down there could name every song, mixtape, album lil wayne has ever put out…the same “crap” you were talking about.

personally i do think Illmatic is the greatest album of all time, that might be somewhat of a biased statement considering nas is one of my favorite artists but his lyrics were flawless on that album, I dont think that doesnt make u real fan if you disagree, its a matter of personal preference…. but i actually agree with u, i dont think Tupac is the greatest rapper of all time, when i started really gettin into hip hop and listenin to some of the other artists at the time i saw he was great, but wasnt the best, alot of artists have accomplished more than him…what qualifies someone as a hip hop fan is to listen to and enjoy the hip hop of their choice, i’ve noticed alot of people bandwagon on here, they’ll say tupac is the greatest rapper of all time but probably couldnt name one of his albums if they tried, not just with pac but with other rappers (no need to say any names, im sure you know who i mean)…some people just need to get into the history of hip hop, dont just go by what you’ve heard today or last year, get into the roots of it….And no i dont think you’re a hip hop poser or a “disgrace to hip hop” for sayin 2pac isnt the greatest rapper of all time, like you said its called gettin a mind of your own, some of you on here should try it instead of following the crowd.

fever_ricious13
    @

people that say ur a hip hop poser are the posers themselves because hiphop is deep and if they dont think so they r the ones that dont really know wat hip hop is

meangirl
    Participant
    @meangirl

about 2pac:he might be not perfect but he’s got great sense of rhytm,his tracks always sound good.i do consider him the greatest because there’s not much to compare with.
    i iike hip-hop but ur right about the source thing,u must have ur own opinion!

blueruble
    @

Wow. You’re sad.
    You’re a fan of Hip-Hop if you’re a fan of Hip-Hop.

starchild
    Participant
    @starchild

when you enjoy the music and respect the culture

barrio_boy09
    @

so long as you like the music and know a little bit about it, then yeah you are a fan. all that shit is just preferences, but you dont have to think that to be included.

Earnest S
    @

HIP HOP is deeper than you think . you kids these dont know anything about hip hop . hip hop means hip hop ! not this crap that is on the radio – lil wayne , t.i – do you really think that either would last 5 min. in battle with – RAKIM, KRS1, even kool moe dee. hip hop is deeper than just JAY Z/ NAS . go back to boogie down products , scarface , ugk, illmatic best of all time HELL NO. come to the south and noone can name 2 songs off that cd. but where ever you go anyone can name a 2pac song . NORTH

Bonita I
    Participant
    @bonita-i

well i personally think jay-z isnt a good rapper i mean he may come out with sum goods reason every once in a while but not that many 2pac was a good rapper i can’t deny that but i’m not sure if he is the greatest of all time
    but i don’t think that makes you a hip-hop poser it just makes you honest about what you like and not just sayin that 2pac is the greatest rapper because everyone else says so!
    i know alot of people who don’t think hes the greatest rapper ever
    but i agree with you and i don’t think your a hip hop poser or a disgrace to hiphop

cozmikmif
    @

well i think your question applys to all genres
    I think taste in music is a subjective opinion
    you either like it, be it a genre,artist, song etc..
    or you dont… and if you do then you would be a “fan”
    I think what your talking about is music/scene politics
    and I think that has nothing to do with the music itself…
    dont be afraid to like what sounds good to you even if people you know might call you a “poser”
    like you said you “started to get a mind of your own”
    you sound like a hip hop fan cuz it seems like you like
    some of it.. sooo ya

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.