the man
    Participant
    @the-man

Me MySelf As A Avid Supporter Of Real Hip Hop Which To Me Is 2pac Biggie,Rakim,Lupe Fiasco,Jay-z,Nas,Big Pun,Joell Ortiz,Saigon,Papoose,Kanye West And Others But I Mean I Want To Know What Others Think……….I Listen To Other Music Like Rock And Things But My First Love Is Hip Hop

Liquid Sound Design
    @

Well. You know what, I do not waste my time thinking about dumb things.

SwAnKy
    @

I’m much like you.

I wish these so called “hip-hop” radio stations played more of a variety then just all the bull**** from the south.
    Just like the ones you mentioned. Where I live on the west coast there are 3 hip-hop stations in my farily large city. Not one plays Lupe, Common, Ye, Nas…It’s the same BS thru out the day. Same thing with the alternative stations.

It’s all pop music on the radio. Real hip-hop is dead.

Thank God for my iPod and cd’s.

NYC Girl
    Participant
    @nyc-girl

Yeah the Hey BAY BAy and Party Like a Rockstar are basically dominating the radio. Im not hating on the south I like OUTKAST and UGK but whats being turned out right now from the south is nothing thats gonna be memorable or lasting.

Jason Kelley
    @

I dont see how southern “snap music” kills “real” hip-hop, because I dont think one kind of music can directly change another, southern rappers arent sittin there in other peoples studios and pressing buttons when they arent looking

Benevolence
    Participant
    @benevolence

It’s not killing hip-hop. There’s just as much “real hip hop”. I tend to listen to what I want when I want, which is why I don’t listen to the radio (no choice/wack DJs). Hip hop is alive as it’s ever been in my reality.
    If anything snap music is there for the better. It’s testing those artists who claim to love music and will never sell out. If they make music for the love of music, then the fact that some kid who composed a song in 5 minutes and even made a dance to go with it stole their shine won’t bother them.
    Maybe it’s killing sales in hip-hop. Maybe even the image of hip-hop to those who don’t listen to it. But hip-hop as a whole is as alive as you make it. Most of these snap songs/artists don’t even exist to me. All I’m saying is, sort out what you like from what you don’t and stop complaining.

FlashZ333
    @

It kills in record sales and radio play. btches like club music

damilitia
    Participant
    @damilitia

It certainly has killed creativity. It has killed lyricism, it has produced one-hit singles that are marketed basically to be ringtones.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.