jb_grilled_ham_and_cheese
    @

…of Lehi was here”.? I actually made that up. But really, if they found an ancient rock that said “I Nephi, son of Lehi was here” would you believe. If you could see the Gold plates, from where the Book of Mormon was translated, would you believe? I don’t think you would. So, why do need proof to believe when if you had it you still wouldn’t belive? Only the spirit can testify the truth of the church to you.
    The question is hypothetical, as in the scientist in our day say the rock is valid and says what is says. But anyways, I didn’t think it would matter.

This does do one thing for me though. It doesn’t do anything to argue with you, because it just fans the flames of deception. I will focus on sharing the truth of the church with those ready to accept it. God speed to you all.

piefkeholz
    @

The bible says God’s word cannot be added to nor taken away from, it is complete in itself. So the tablets and the bunko book of Mormons and Koran are all man made, not of the true God Yahweh.

Jack
    Participant
    @jack

the burden of proof is on those making the claim

Al Shaitan
    @

I would just think that some whack job like jeff lindsey made it up to justify his religion. There is so much other evidence against the church that nothing would convince that it’s true.

Liesel
    @

I’m sorry, but I could never follow a church started/restored by Joseph Smith. I think he was a rotten person, definitely not a prophet of god. Any of the things you mentioned, if they came about, would be because of a well planned out hoax.

Liesel.

mathaowny
    @

Hm well I would believe if you could find the tablets and prove their age and that they weren’t just made nowadays by a fanatic. Anyone can get a bunch of gold and manufacture some tablets, or in this case write on a stone. We’re technologically advanced these days, stuff like that is easy to do. I honestly don’t think that Joseph Smith was telling the truth, since his accounts on the subject seem to vary so greatly.

I have nothing against LDS, my best friend is LDS, but some of the beliefs I just can’t simply agree with.

ALLIZDWAG
    @

Well that’s it. Pass me the funny underwear, pronto!!

David F
    @

Show me your proof

practicalthought
    @

If you would take the time to study the Bible not the book of Mormon you would see that God does not operate in the manner that Joseph Smith stated. Using special glasses and seer stone is not how God does things. God also stated in his word the Holy Scriptures that lastly he sent his Son, who is Jesus Christ and there would be no one else he would send. Your whole book of Mormon is all made up and not of God. How can you answer to that?

chdoctor
    @

I’ve always wondered why someone hasn’t planted a fake rock or set of golden plates in South America just to whoop up such a conversation.

Edward J
    @

Joseph Smith had a criminal record. This is a known fact. Google New York vs Joseph Smith. Then use a little caution when believing what this man concocted. The point is no archaeologist has ever found anything to confirm the book of Mormon in North America yet some of the places in the bible have been uncovered It is reasonable that at least some but not all evidence would be found. And as far as reformed Egyptian. No such language ever existed. Does any of this matter? And I am not anti Mormon I just don’t agree with their beliefs but as far as personally goes I have liked most of the ones I have met. I should add there has been some evidence for people mentioned in the bible but absolutely nothing to show that any person mentioned in the book of Mormon graced the Americas.

Annie
    Participant
    @annie

the problem I have with any other book claiming to be from God are the words found in Revelation, roughly said as this,…. These words shall NOT be added to or taken away from…….. meaning NOTHING added by any man means anything….. The Bible was Holy Spirit given……. So my question to you is this ….. IF you are Christian, and believe the words of God, follow the Bible teachings, how can you believe that any other book is Holy Spirit given ?? God bless
    PS> just wondering ??????????

Jared
    @

I’m not sinking to your level so I can retort.

Laptop Jesus, Sith Style
    @

Um, if they found a rock that said that in any language we could understand, I would die laughing. Wouldn’t you?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.