bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee

Well… I gotta tell someone, as I’m so dazed, a little bit confused, and so incredibly happy at the same time…

Last week me and hubby were talking about cameras, as we’d really like to get a new one, due to the old one playing up (screen turns blue and camera won’t work at times). We looked at tons of cameras, and came to the conclusion that we cannot afford it, as all money coming in, is going straight out again to pay for the credit card bills (recently have had massive expenses due to starting a new business).

The next day I had an e-mail telling me I’d won a Nikon D3000!!! (I like to enter competitions…)

And today… OMG – today a letter arrived asking us to call a number, as the company contacting us didn’t have our phone number… called – and we’ve won 10k! OMG! Ok, so we won’t see a penny of it, it will all go to pay off credit cards, but that’s still wonderful, wonderful news! It will save us atleast ยฃ400 a month.

I still cannot really believe it though… neither the camera nor the money, not until the camera and the cheque arrives in the post, but I’m so incredibly happy never the less. Not only the camera which made us so happy, as we couldn’t afford a new one… but now this amazing amount of money to help us pay off our debts. Someone, or something, is giving us a break, and after the though time we’ve been having (both financially and personally) I am ever so grateful. Thank you.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Wow. That is great news. Would you like to pick my lotto numbers for me?

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Congratulations, it’s never a bad thing when that happens!!

bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee
ontwo;53360 wrote:
Would you like to pick my lotto numbers for me?

lol! Wish it worked that way… used to play the lottery (gave up due to cost), same numbers all the time… most I won as ยฃ107… played for a lot more.

Have decided to use 9k to pay off credit cards, 1k will be put into other (not the one we normally use… the one in question we only use for online shopping, and as soon as it’s done we transfer money back into it) account and sponsor a child in need. Cannot change the world with 10k, but not only will the world change for us, and we get the opportunity to make the world a little bit nicer for someone else too. The 1k will cover the sponsorship for 4 years, and by then we are hopfully in a position where ยฃ20 a month for sponsoring won’t affect us (it would have now without this win).

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

WOW thats great news, Ive got a 3K loan and it bugs the hell out of me 9K would do my head in, I think I need to start entering competitions ๐Ÿ˜€
x

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Congrats and I think donating 1k of it is a lovely gesture.

Take Care
Matthew

bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee

Thank you all! The camera arrived about 40 minutes ago… and those 40 minutes have been spent opening, unwrapping and marvelling. lol! And then to wrap and pack everything back, so hubby can get the same feeling opening everything when he comes home from work. Got my fingers crossed he’ll be home early, as I’ll be tippy-toeing around the box until then, desperate to try it (I want him to take the first shots, as I know he’s even more excited about it then me)… and have been invited to an art exhibition tonight, so would be great to bring it there.

My grandmother and grandfather used to sponsor a child through SOS Children’s Villages when I grew up, so we will choose them to sponsor through. Hopefully the cheque will arrive tomorrow, then it’s straight to the bank, then straight on the phone to pay off credit cards and online to sponsor. Still feels so unreal… but atleast the camera feels real now! lol!

CruisingComet
Participant
@cruisingcomet

That is exceptional good luck, the Nikon D3000 is a nice camera ๐Ÿ˜Ž

bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee

Here’s our new “baby”! So excited – having tons of fun with the new camera… still haven’t figured out have of the things we can do with it… but having lots of fun trying.

newcamera1.jpg

And a picture taken with it… reduced massivly (original over 3000 x 2000 pixels):
newcamera3.jpg

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

congrats ๐Ÿ˜€

cute cute pup

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.