KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

I don’t normally pimp out my art work on the forums I post at, but I figure since we’re an art related community, and that all my work is working me towards becoming a tattoo apprentice in the next two years, that it might be appropriate here.

http://knighthawk-ah.deviantart.com/

It’s a sampling of the best work I’ve done since September. I’ve done ALOT of abortions that were later sacrificed by flame to the Gods of Bad Art…which is sad, because some of what I kept sucks except in comparison to what I burned.

Anyway, if you got some time, let me know what you think.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

DonnaMH
    Participant
    @donnamh

I think there is some awesome stuff there!!! I LOVE the chevy pic, and I am a Ford girl, what a great pic that is!! I like loading dock, and still life on a mirror too!! Very cool…:D

DonnaMH
    Participant
    @donnamh

I think there is some awesome stuff there!!! I LOVE the chevy pic, and I am a Ford girl, what a great pic that is!! I like loading dock, and still life on a mirror too!! Very cool…:D

Oh and the pumpkins bleed from the eyeballs rocks…seriously had to think about that pic to see it…hahahahha…

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Thanks Donna. I was a little worried about posting my work, and I do appreciate your kind words.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

DonnaMH
    Participant
    @donnamh

You shouldn’t be worried…your stuff is great!!

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi KH

I checked over your art work there is some impressive work going on there.

I have to give kudos that you went for charcoal – seriously a lot of artists pussy out on using them because it is so damn difficult to get control the gradients and lines. It also takes a lot of patience to get the blending done.

I feel your main strengths has to lay in acrylics the control there is great there and you seem to really get into the subject.

Your computer art work was fantastic – my friend is a graphic artist he just wanted to pass on his gratz on that. We both love surrealism art and thought that was a spectacular piece.

The pastel vase – looking at the strokes – were you feeling pissed off that day? The art is fine but the shading and lining just screams – I am angry/frustrated as though in places you had attacked the paper – but later found control to straighten the lines. To be honest it adds an emotion and honesty to the piece I liked it.

Take Care
    Matthew

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk
    Sherav;35985 wrote:
    The pastel vase – looking at the strokes – were you feeling pissed off that day? The art is fine but the shading and lining just screams – I am angry/frustrated as though in places you had attacked the paper – but later found control to straighten the lines. To be honest it adds an emotion and honesty to the piece I liked it.

You could tell? That vase was the first thing I ever drew in color, and it wasn’t coming out well enough to suit me. At the time I kept telling myself “dude, these pastels are just colored charcoal! This should be easy!”.

*rueful smile*

I didn’t really “get” color theory back then, knowing such truths as there’s no such thing as brown, it’s dark yellow, and what we think of as “red” isn’t, it’s what Coca-cola has convinced the world is red, and the best way to darken or lighten a color isn’t to add black or white, but to dump in the right color from the color wheel. Red is lightened with yellow, and blue is darkened with red–that sort of thing.

See, this is the kind of crap you think about when your drawing instructor is one of the leading color theorists in the country (a thing I didn’t even know was a job until I came to art school).

In any event, I got so frustrated at that drawing that I ended up hurling my drawing board at the wall and storming out of class for about ten mins. My first and only freak out so far–I’m way behind on my quota compared to my classmates.

Quote:
    I have to give kudos that you went for charcoal – seriously a lot of artists pussy out on using them because it is so damn difficult to get control the gradients and lines. It also takes a lot of patience to get the blending done.

Everyone says that, and I got to honestly say, I don’t get it. With pencils, which is what I drew with for years (I have literally 20 sketchpads full of flash I drew), your lines have to be more or less exact. Yes, with the normal graphite drawing pencils there’s some give for blending, but once you put a line down, that bastard is down

Charcoal or Conte (which is basically white charcoal in a pencil coating) is awesome exactly because it’s looser. Hell, nine times out of ten when I’m shading I just toss the media down in the general area and attack it with my fingers and smudge stick. It’s easy, relaxing, and if the rest of the class looks at you funny for smudging and headbanging in time to Death Magnetic, who cares? They’re bigger freaks than I am anyway :D.

In short, charcoal let’s less talented artists look so very, very good. I don’t know why I’m only one of three people using them and pastels.

Quote:
    I feel your main strengths has to lay in acrylics the control there is great there and you seem to really get into the subject.

Your computer art work was fantastic – my friend is a graphic artist he just wanted to pass on his gratz on that. We both love surrealism art and thought that was a spectacular piece.

Thanks man.

I really do appreciate the kind words man–I’m uncharacteristly unsure of my art, and it means alot that you and Donna think I’m good.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

*bump*

Just made a major update to the ole Deviant Art page in case anyone wants to give it a looksee.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

thats art ?? :confused:

๐Ÿ˜€ LOL kidding , looks good
    the staircase piece is my favorite

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

I like the subjects of choice

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    Butterfly_Kisses;38720 wrote:
    thats art ?? :confused:

๐Ÿ˜€ LOL kidding , looks good
    the staircase piece is my favorite

hahahahahaha you little minx, that was so cruel :p

looking good there NH ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

I like the laughing skull and pumpkin bleeding from eyeholes the best.

Cool stuff there.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Hey thanks man. Ya know, according to my stats page on DA, the laughing skull is my most viewed and most favorited piece. Everyone loves that bad boy.

Personally, I like the Pumpkin better.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.