AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

Was wondering who here has done that? My buddy wants to do that and wants me to go… it sounds like a great adventure but would like to know if anyone here has done it and how was it?

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

I’m 35 year old and travelled my entire life, Backpack????????????? not sure, yes I’ve had to walk 200miles in france to pick pears, if that is what you mean. I walked all over the world looking for inspiration in my music and art ,,,,a washed up artist in my own right. Now I love the things that never bothered me, so no I aoint changed, my life has but I aint complying with this, I love and hate tooooooooooo deaply!!!

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

If i had the chance i would most certainly go for it….. but with 3 kids and a big kid (hubby) and two dogs and 3 cats and a random hedgehog, i dont see much hope for me:D

meangirlintx
    Participant
    @meangirlintx

im with izar would love to but cant at the moment. ill be 40 when kids are out and on there on so im sure i wont then eather.lol had a friend that did just that and he loved it, he worked where ever he was that day and made the cash to go to the next place and still talks about it today, this was 5 years ago when he did it. go for it u may never get that chance again!!!!

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Been around the world and some of it was so cheap we sold our shoes for food (lol).

How was it – It was brilliant, sad, painful, exciting and scary all wrapped into one. I have been across Europe, Some of the USA Middle East (avoid Saudi!), Southern Africa and Vietnam.

I always say do it – we only get one bash at things so make the most of it.

My only advice is never pack anything you are not willing to lose and always always have a spare bottle of water, also depending on where you are heading have something valuable that you can swallow without harming yourself (small precious stones). Sometimes you can barter better than you can buy with currency.

I have been robebd a couple of times and learned quickly.

Good Luck

Matthew

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh
    scrubmuncher;33793 wrote:
    I’m 35 year old and travelled my entire life, Backpack????????????? not sure, yes I’ve had to walk 200miles in france to pick pears, if that is what you mean. I walked all over the world looking for inspiration in my music and art ,,,,a washed up artist in my own right. Now I love the things that never bothered me, so no I aoint changed, my life has but I aint complying with this, I love and hate tooooooooooo deaply!!!

What i mean by backpacking is to save up enough money for a plane ticket one way to one country… find a job hold it down until i can save for a couple of months then fly to another country and get a new job and do the cycle all over again.

My friend from britain is going with me and he knows how to go about hoppin around from his uncle who did this backpacking trip for 2 years.

Just as long as i go to countries that also speak english to an extent i will be able to find a job.

i hear of kids even younger than i, doing this backpacking trip for a year or so. i think its a great idea for me to go now since i have the means to do so.

And then after that i will go back home to my dads, spend a year or so with him and then start applying to go work for a cruise ship and do that for however long they contract me.

I just want my life to be filled with adventure!!! 😎

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Go Go GO!!!! DO it now!!!!:D

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh
    Izarrasink;33875 wrote:
    Go Go GO!!!! DO it now!!!!:D

Now thats what im talking about!! DO IT NOW!!!

If i had all my jabs and got my passport and had the money to go i’d do it now.

I already got rid of the dog to give him a better chance at finding a home with a yard. i can give my cat to my sister in law and just GOOOOO. But alas i must wait until my legal orders are takin care of and have all my wits about me and such.

When im ready i will let ya know when my adventure begins!!

meangirlintx
    Participant
    @meangirlintx

thats great good luck and have fun!!!!!

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

I advise you learn a little of another language or bring a translation book… The world is full of countries that do not speak English. And if you go to a country where they don’t, and you don’t try speaking their language, they will not help you at all. They will scowl at you and in some cases spit in your face for such arrogance. I know your intent is to go to an English speaking country but the chances of you at least having a connect flight in a non-English speaking country is very high.

If you are in close proximity with a lot of people be super aware of your things. There are gypsies that will sense your vulnerability and steal. Keep your forms of ID in separate locations. This will insure a safe trip home.

I’ve been to Germany, France, Italy, and Cancun. I love to travel but it can be very scary and disorienting at times.

So if you decide to go, good luck. Oh and don’t look foreign men in the eye… I learned the hard way…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.