Ripper444
    Participant
    @ripper444

Hi all,

Questions about this tattoo issue I seem to have. I got a black n gray dragon koi on my shoulder and the original artist is missing in action so i had to go somewhere else. Well I told this guy i wanted to just add some more things around the koi, like more waves and i want good gray shading. So this guy does the work and its still healing, but looks str8 up light purple and brown. I dont really see to much gray and if it is gray then its nothing like the original guy did on my fish. Just an FYI, i hate brown with all my heart and this really looks like shades of light brown and some sort of ugly black. What am i supposed to do? Its reall looks brown and like a red/purple. Can i make it gray??

wak
    Participant
    @wak

How ’bout a picture?

Puzzles
    Participant
    @puzzles

It may well be where you’ve just been tattooed and the skin is still bruised/slightly bloody.

Ripper444
    Participant
    @ripper444

Ill post a picture tonight after work. The skin has peeled already and if you look close, you can see the gray particles but its mostly brown. Pic will be up tonight.

Ripper444
    Participant
    @ripper444

grey-wash-flower-tattoo.jpg

this is what my black and gray tattoo looks like…freaking brown!!!! wtf??

wak
    Participant
    @wak

It takes quite a while for the skin to heal all the way and the ink particles to settle and stabilize under the newly formed skin layers. I can see from the photo that it looks pink still from being new.

This (like any other wound) is caused by skin tissue that is a bit flushed with blood after what is unarguably trauma (a hundred thousand penetrations to the skin while bombarding the dermis layer with foreign particles)… this pink mixed with new ink (still closer to the surface than when healed/settled) plus your natural Caucasian skin tone produces a bit of a brown colour.

My advise… wait a month for the skin to heal. Then start asking people’s opinions on if the artists messed up your tat.

Just a thought…

good luck.

Ripper444
    Participant
    @ripper444

I wiill have to do that then. Worst case, can this be touched up with draker shade of gray? Reason im fipping out is cause the first artist did the tattoo and it was gray from the start.

wak
    Participant
    @wak

No worries… tattoos are forever! You want them to be right!

Good luck.

Wak

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Dude chill. Just…chill. From that pic you provided, your skin is red, irritated, and bruised.

Besides, even if you weren’t freaking out about bruises, you’d still need to wait a minimum of two weeks before making any judgements. Your skin does weird shit while you’re healing, and what looks like a problem one day could be gone by the time it heals.

My own zombie squid for example looked like the color was falling out in some spots, but I chilled, waited the two weeks, and by the end it was fine. Same deal here–wait 2 weeks at least before you make a judgement.

Though not realizing that it’s a case of skin irritation and bruises since that thing HAS to be still tender makes me wanna headdesk over here.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Shading takes time to settle into the skin fully.
    The surface takes 2 weeks but below can take upto 6 weeks before it is fully healed.

My black and shade tattoos had a variety of shades from gray to brown before it fully healed and now they are a nice black and gray shade.

Let it heal up if still not happy with the colour it is no big deal to darken the shading – it is a very simple job.

But great tattoo eitherway.

Take Care
    Matthew

spencersabum
    Participant
    @spencersabum

try using lubriderm advanced therapy. it makes the ink stay. and makes it darker.i used it for my vw tattoo and it looks great!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.