whimsicalmadness
Participant
    @whimsicalmadness

嗨,您好! I’m new to the site and don’t currently have any tattoos, but I really want to get one sometime this year. So here’s the background and extra information:

I’m currently studying to be a high school English teacher (mainly focusing on international/private schools) 和, though I really want to get a tattoo, it’s got to be in a place that is easy to cover up for work.

My Granddad served in the US Air Force in WWII and he’s AMAZING. Really smart, really talented, just a great guy overall. He’s currently suffering from alzheimer’s and pulmonary fibrosis, so may not be with us for much longer (though his doctor’s been saying this for about 5 years now! He’s just turned 89!). I want to get a tattoo so that I can remember him when he’s gone, and I think getting it as my first tattoo would be really meaningful.

The tattoo that I want to get is the pin-up from his plane’s nose art in WWII. Here’s what it looks like (I’d like to have both the pin up and the words, if that works, design-wise): http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbbw99ce0a1qcqz3to1_500.jpg

At first I wanted it on my arm as it’s easy to cover up but I can still show it off if I’d like to, and I can see it everyday. 但, my arm is quite scrawny, so I’m not sure if it’ll work.