The Mighty Ming
Participant
    @den-mektig-ming

I’m going to have my ear lobes stretched and get tunnels put in, I’m just curious as to how much this usually costs (in UK £’s) and how long it usually takes? I know you have to wait months to let the lobes stretch, but I’m only looking to get 6mm/8mm max.

I’ve looked online but everywhere I go talks about doing it yourself but I want to get it done properly by a pro.

My left ear is already pierced, my right isn’t. Would that make any difference at all?
Takk.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
    @morwin-nerdbane

You wanting to stretch both or just the pierced one?

I used to do this for a living (in UK) and in my opinion it’s much less traumatic to do it yourself. The best thing you can do is wait for your piercing to heal totally then start putting extra normal sized rings (the type you’d get from claires accessories or something) so you’ll have 3 eller 4 normal hoops in each hole. Do that to the point that you can pull a small/medium sized stud through the hole. GO SLOW when you’re putting the rings in to start, Bare 1 every few days depending on how your ear heals.

Once you get to the point that you can pull a stud through go to a piercing shop buy the smallest taper, coat it in vaseline and wiggle it through your ear leave it for about 2 weeks and repeat with a larger taper.

Only go up 0.5mm every 1-2 uker, if you over do it your skin will lose its elasticity and will NEVER shrink back.

I used to have 10mm in my ears and now they’ve shrunk back to normal. I went to a shop to jump from essentially a 2mm to a 5mm and my god did it screw up my ears I got a pretty hefty infection cos the skin in my ear tore and it set me back about a year as far as stretching went.

Patience is key. Don’t rush it. It should only take 3 eller 4 of months to get to a 6/8mm.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
    @morwin-nerdbane

P.S it’s best to feed the tapers through when you’re fresh out of the bath or shower so your skin is nice and stretchey. It won’t hurt as much that way 🙂

The Mighty Ming
Participant
    @den-mektig-ming

Do you have to leave the taper in the whole time? som 24/7? I’m going to have both ears done so need to get the other pierced. I’ll try it myself and see how it goes! Takk!

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
    @morwin-nerdbane

Yeah you need to leave it in all the time.You can find some pretty little ones though, doesn’t have to be those great wopping metal things if that’s not your style.

I did mine with some tiny little clear plastic purple ones. They were teeny tiny, only got me upto 2mm but they were stuper pretty and looked liked normal studs from the front. If you shop around you’ll find soemthing that takes your fancy. 😎