ສະບາຍດີ! I’m new to the site and don’t currently have any tattoos, but I really want to get one sometime this year. So here’s the background and extra information:
– I’m currently studying to be a high school English teacher (mainly focusing on international/private schools) ແລະ, though I really want to get a tattoo, it’s got to be in a place that is easy to cover up for work.
– My Granddad served in the US Air Force in WWII and he’s AMAZING. Really smart, really talented, just a great guy overall. He’s currently suffering from alzheimer’s and pulmonary fibrosis, so may not be with us for much longer (though his doctor’s been saying this for about 5 years now! He’s just turned 89!). I want to get a tattoo so that I can remember him when he’s gone, and I think getting it as my first tattoo would be really meaningful.
– The tattoo that I want to get is the pin-up from his plane’s nose art in WWII. Here’s what it looks like (I’d like to have both the pin up and the words, if that works, design-wise): http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbbw99ce0a1qcqz3to1_500.jpg
– At first I wanted it on my arm as it’s easy to cover up but I can still show it off if I’d like to, and I can see it everyday. ແຕ່, my arm is quite scrawny, so I’m not sure if it’ll work.
ALL of that being said (sorry it’s so long!), Here are my questions:
– Would that tattoo look good with both the pin up and the words, or would just the pin up be better?
– Would it still look good on my arm, even though it’s quite scawny?
– If not the arm, then where else would be a good place that I can see everyday, but is easily covered up? (I wouldn’t want it on my back as I wouldn’t be able to see it, and I wouldn’t want it on my foot as I don’t think I could deal with the pain!)
Thanks so much for the advice! I really appreciate it!
Personally I would leave the words out. I have seen alot of petite females with pinups and they look just fine on arms. I like pinup tattoos. Keep us posted with pics:-)
I’d prefer it without the words, but it really depends on how much the words mean to you. It depend on the dimensions of the tattoo. Is it going to be more of a horizontal shape or vertical shape (if that makes any sense)? The way I see it is horizontal so I̵