steveo
Participant
@steveo

Hey folks, Newbie member here. I have a tattoo on my back, the only one I got that I regret. I like it when I picked it out on the flash. But after it was done I had some trepidation that I wasn’t going to like it:( That feeling was furthered as it healed. Alot of the color disappeared, and faded very quick. I don’t under stand why, I followed aftercare to the letter as I do with all my tats. After I realized I wasn’t happy i went back to the artist only to find he packed up and left and i was never able to track him down.

That was about 4 years ago, I was able to just ignore it and put it out of my mind. But now after a trip to punta cana, spending a week with no shirt on. Its become a source of anxiety for me. Starting after a drunk guy in the pool bar line pointed at it and said “dude thats terrible” not a big deal to me as I have a thick skin to criticism normally. Basically Its bugged me enough and its time to do something.

So Cover up or removal. I hope for coverup as removal could be out of my budget.

Any Ideas? suggestions for something I can cover up with. I don’t mind a Black silhouette, doesn’t have to be colorful. Just want something different to put my mind back at ease

sorry for the crappy Blackberry photos. I also have alot of acne scars. 🙁
IMG00096-20110830-2107.jpg
IMG00094-20110830-2104.jpg

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Dude get that covered up! Removal shouldn’t even be a question! It’s faded enough and on a clean enough slate to have a PROFESSIONAL and REPUTABLE artist ink you up, could go with another dragon =D

steveo
Participant
@steveo
BigZach;95597 wrote:
Dude get that covered up! Removal shouldn’t even be a question! It’s faded enough and on a clean enough slate to have a PROFESSIONAL and REPUTABLE artist ink you up, could go with another dragon =D

Thanks..Im definitely hoping for a cover up, there is a local artist who I have been recommended to who is quite good and has a very very good rep in my area. Im calling to book a appointment for him to look it over soon.

tricky kid
@

that’s a nice n easy cover up mate.. any solid color will go right over that, and your options as far as new design go are endless mate just go big with something your into.. personally if ya came to me with that I would say traditional Japanese dragon just so you could have what you originally intended but a b&g skull,koi,phoenix are all good options so good luck with it mate..

steveo
Participant
@steveo
tricky kid;95602 wrote:
that’s a nice n easy cover up mate.. any solid color will go right over that, and your options as far as new design go are endless mate just go big with something your into.. personally if ya came to me with that I would say traditional Japanese dragon just so you could have what you originally intended but a b&g skull,koi,phoenix are all good options so good luck with it mate..

A koi would be nice, I’ve always had a thing for fish, But dragons are also a love of mine. Any suggestions how it will mingle with my scars, They have faded quite abit since I was a teenager but they are still abit bumpy

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Ship the koi and get a new bigger and better dragon

Adler
Participant
@adler
steveo;95599 wrote:
Thanks..Im definitely hoping for a cover up, there is a local artist who I have been recommended to who is quite good and has a very very good rep in my area. Im calling to book a appointment for him to look it over soon.

Can you provide a link to the artist, maybe we can give some feedback so you don’t make a mistake.

steveo
Participant
@steveo
Adler;95610 wrote:
Can you provide a link to the artist, maybe we can give some feedback so you don’t make a mistake.

Sure http://www.endlessboundaries.ca/ Ned is the artist, I know he’s been doing tattoos in my Town for along time. I’ve seen some of his work on friends. some GREAT detail on snake skin that my cousin had done. Another one of my buds has a Airbattle scene on his back that is quite nice(not done as far as i know)

Im open to recommendations from anyone who know someone in the London Ontario region.

tricky kid
@

yeah mate old scars can be worked but anything less than 6 months old are a problem

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

That can be covered easilly that mate

steveo
Participant
@steveo

Well I worked on some ideas today, I stopped by and book a consultation with the artist today, He also seemed optimistic that it will cover up easily. I really hope all goes well, Its very strange, I’ve had a crappy tattoo for 4 years and it barely bugged me. But in the last 2 months its been driving me nutts….Guess im just weird

Adler
Participant
@adler

I checked out the website and couldn’t determine which artist did which tattoo but overall their work looks pretty good so hopefully it will all work out. What are you going to do for a cover?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I like Aimiee’s work a bit better Plus she hot.

http://www.endlessboundaries.ca/final/aimee.html

steveo
Participant
@steveo
Adler;95699 wrote:
I checked out the website and couldn’t determine which artist did which tattoo but overall their work looks pretty good so hopefully it will all work out. What are you going to do for a cover?

I will be going with either Aimee or Scott, I was told they are the most experienced with coverups. Not 100% sure on whats going over it yet. I really want another dragon(always been my fav creature) What I was mulling over was a Big head covering the whole old tattoo. But Koi have always been high on my list. I pictured them more on my arms or legs however. I plan on bouncing a few ideas of the artist and going from there.

steveo
Participant
@steveo

Hey folks, Started my cover up. Didn’t go with anyone from endless boundaries, I just didn’t get the happy vibe from that place. Ended up going with a different person who made me very happy with a smaller tattoo a few months ago. http://www.radiumtattoo.ca is the shop and Dan is the nicest artist I’ve met yet. Anyways, on to a few pics. It hurt like a B*tch because there is alot of scars on my back from my battle with acne as a teen. (There were takin with my blackberry so not the sharpest)

Lined over the old Dragon
IMG00185-20111214-1423.jpg

End of first session …uggh I wish I could just cut those ugly scars off!
IMG00186-20111214-1626.jpg

The tat Dan did for me back in Oct
IMG00120-20111008-1554.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.