peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I have been collecting all sorts of tattoo books that I see, so was wondering if anyone had bought or read the Sailor Jerry book.

It is $71 and wandering if it is a good read?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I am a huge sailor jerry fan, i’ve not read the book but i’ve watched the dvd “hori smoku: the life of sailor jerry” that is amazing. I watch it at least 2 times a month.

Im assuming you mean the book “sailor jerry collins : american tattoo master” ?

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Wardy;116696 wrote:
I am a huge sailor jerry fan, i’ve not read the book but i’ve watched the dvd “hori smoku: the life of sailor jerry” that is amazing. I watch it at least 2 times a month.

Im assuming you mean the book “sailor jerry collins : american tattoo master” ?

Yep that’s the one, I just found it online and was interested.

Must take a look at the DVD then as well, thanks for the tip:)

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
peterpoose;116697 wrote:
Yep that’s the one, I just found it online and was interested.

Must take a look at the DVD then as well, thanks for the tip:)

The dvd is on youtube, by the way if you feel like watching it before you buy it, it is actually amazing just type in on youtube hori smoku and it will come up

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom

Buy buy buy!!

If you can get any of the books on this site http://www.hardymarks.com/ buy them straight away. They stopped printing volumes 1-3 and now they’re worth hundreds of dollars.

Also get this one Milton H Zeis: Tattooing As You Like It.

http://yellowbeakpress.com/store/

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

What’s the song called in the background of that video please?

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom
peterpoose;116735 wrote:

These are the ones I’m talking about. Volumes 1-3 are out of print and copies are hundreds of dollars now. I fortunately have the first two.

If you would like to know any other traditional americana books to get let me know.
Tim Hendricks says that books and paintings are the best investments anyone can make. I know he paid over $200 for 1 and 3 and about 120 for vol 2.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Aussie Tom;116784 wrote:
These are the ones I’m talking about. Volumes 1-3 are out of print and copies are hundreds of dollars now. I fortunately have the first two.

If you would like to know any other traditional americana books to get let me know.
Tim Hendricks says that books and paintings are the best investments anyone can make. I know he paid over $200 for 1 and 3 and about 120 for vol 2.

Yep I will keep my eyes peeled now I know what to look for 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.