volkert13b
Participant
@volkert13b

past employers yes they had a issue so i had to wear a long sleeve shirt. but now i work for the pa dept or corrections. which the only stipulation they have is the tattoo can not be gang related or derogatory(even if it as you would just have to wear a long sleeve shirt)

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

A friend of mine is trying for the DOC in New England and she has hand tattoos – do you think she has a chance?

volkert13b
Participant
@volkert13b
Aussie_Al;82556 wrote:
A friend of mine is trying for the DOC in New England and she has hand tattoos – do you think she has a chance?

well thats england. lol. i went to my orientation with a long sleeve shirt on, and then when they said i was hired the short sleeve was on, and of course the psych asked me about them. but its the department of corrections. its not wallstreet. lol

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

No , New England not England

volkert13b
Participant
@volkert13b
Aussie_Al;82579 wrote:
No , New England not England

my bad…yeah new england…she should have a chance if she interviews right. but as for as the job goes with tattoos, they cannot be gang related or derogatory…yes i covered them for the interview but then once i was hired, i let them show

OrangeElDiablo
Participant
@orangeeldiablo

Yeah, it pisses me off. Retail is absurd when it comes to how you look. People who have tattoos/piercings should have the right to sue just like anyone else discriminated against. I quit my last job because of this crap.

Prawln
Participant
@prawln

thats so stupid being told that dude. There pretty much saying… hey yeah you got the job but we cant give it to you because you have tattoos.

I work for the bank over here in New Zealand and there pretty cruisy about it. Dont think I’ve ever been told to cover up which is weird!

InkManHugh
Participant
@inkmanhugh

The only visible ink that I have just now is those wrapped around my calves which are only on show when I wear jean shorts – which I rarely do now as it makes me the oldest guy after Bret Hart to still wear them.

When I was asked by my head of department to consider how parents and children could perceive my tattoos my response was that I found it to be an icebreaker and I went on to ask whether they put the same question to inked female staff who chose to wear clothing that displayed their ink. The response to my question was to backtrack especially as I threw in the suggestion that some people could consider only asking that question to a male in a mainly female environment to be discriminatory. As that word is feared in my line of work the questioning ended there and then.

Shuggy

TopTattooPics
Participant
@toptattoopics

I work for a small town finance company. They do not allow them to be visible either. I do think people are more accecpting these days however. They dont seem to carry the old stereo type. People should be able to look past it though.

working progress
Participant
@working-progress
volkert13b;82583 wrote:
my bad…yeah new england…she should have a chance if she interviews right. but as for as the job goes with tattoos, they cannot be gang related or derogatory…yes i covered them for the interview but then once i was hired, i let them show

in england it is hard to get a job if you have tattoos showing, if its a pick between me (tattood) and another guy (not tattood) he would get the job. even if im more qualified!! lucky enough for me im a builder n builders dont give a shit 😀
i am a strong beliver in “DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER” no matter how rugged lol

alwheeler7
Participant
@alwheeler7

I work at best buy in clarksville indiana and surprisingly, they do not care if you have tattoos, showing or otherwise.

My manager has a 3/4 sleeve haha

TopTattooPics
Participant
@toptattoopics
alwheeler7;83928 wrote:
I work at best buy in clarksville indiana and surprisingly, they do not care if you have tattoos, showing or otherwise.

My manager has a 3/4 sleeve haha

Best Buy ROCKS – That’s awesome. They are one of the few then who don’t mind. Maybe others will follow soon.

shawn lichtfuss
Participant
@shawn-lichtfuss

It seems I’m stuck in construction with all my ink. It pays well, but beats up the body over time.

Prinny
Participant
@prinny

Well, I own my own company, we work in retail merchandising and fixture set up and I could care less if people have visible ink. Last time I checked ink doesn’t effect your ability to perform a job and ultimately that’s what’s important to me.

I have to say that is one perk about working for yourself, everyone else can fuck off!

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

I’m currently looking for a job, and on interviews I wear long sleeved shirts to cover those tattoos. But I’m not covering my eye-lid tattoos. One interviewer asked about them, I said yeah those are tattoos, will that hinder my ability to get hired? She said no, just curious…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 270 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.