feathertouch
Participant
@feathertouch

Ok two methods we recommend both some may shake thier heads at but here goes.

Method one: Wash with clean water (not the bottle you have been drinking out of) and soap (don’t put bar to skin and don’t scrub like it is a dirty kids cheek). Then apply perperation H (aka ass cream) cover and avoid getting dirty for atleast 4 hours. After a few hours remove covering and allow to heal applying ass cream a few times a day to keep soft for 3 or 4 days then leave it alone.

Method two: for the manly of men wash with soap and water, cover till they walk out the door and remove it but i do recomend leaving it covered for atleast 20 minites to allow some closing of the wound. Now ignore and come back often momma needs a new bike.

I love the second method most it works great for paying rent and buying new shoes but honestly it does suck for the tattoo.

Painandink
Participant
@painandink

Our shop uses H2ocean, i dont push it to make some extra money but it does work well for me. BUT the way we do it is this…

A&D 3-4 times a day lightly (if its shinny you put too much on) for 3 to 4 days.
on the 4th or 5th day switch to a unscented non alcohol lotion (like luberderm)

With h2ocean its a lil bit more to it but if u dont feel like spending the money A&D or aquafor is fine

asiansenseizhan
Participant
@asiansenseizhan

have any of you guys heard of vandol? its an ointment for minor wounds and burns and for diaper rashes haha. my artist recommends it. have any of you tried it?

slamminorion
@

not sure if this has been asked before, i had my last tattoo 10 years ago, an getting another this coming week, i last used preperation H and savalon, can this still be used or would you advise against it?

67Olds
Participant
@67olds

The tattoo parlor I went to uses TatuDerm to cover the tattoo. They apply a sheet shortly after the work is finished then advise you to remove it 2 days later unless there is a lot of seepage then wash with a mild soap and to return to the shop where they apply a second sheet. This time they advise you keep it on for 4-5 days then remove and follow with a moisturizing lotion several times a day. He advises against using A&D as if you use to much it will draw the color out. My week old tattoo is healing beautifully.

ChrisR AXL D
Participant
@chrisr-axl-d

Wash 2-3 hours w/ antibacterial soap (Dial) after being tattooed, apply thin layer of A&D onitment for 3-5 days after. Lubriderm unscented forever!

htx
Participant
@htx
ChrisR AXL D;114023 wrote:
Wash 2-3 hours w/ antibacterial soap (Dial) after being tattooed, apply thin layer of A&D onitment for 3-5 days after. Lubriderm unscented forever!

What do you mean forever? there’s no need to put lotion on your whole life :confused: just put sunscreen if you’re gonna be in the sun for a good amount of time.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
htx;114330 wrote:
there’s no need to put lotion on your whole life

If you want to treat your skin (and by extension your tattoos) properly and maximize their life, then yes… you should put lotion on your skin your entire life 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
ArniVidar;114333 wrote:
If you want to treat your skin (and by extension your tattoos) properly and maximize their life, then yes… you should put lotion on your skin your entire life 🙂

truth speaker ^^^^

Dianeosaur
Participant
@dianeosaur

I’m researching for my first tattoo, and now I’m paranoid i’m going to mess it up.

I can’t see plastic wrap being healthy, the tattoo wouldn’t breath and it would become a breeding ground for bacteria. I liked what that person said about TatuDerm, that seems easy… but again, having something on your skin for that long can’t be good. Has anyone else tried this before?

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Dianeosaur 139001 wrote:

I’m researching for my first tattoo, and now I’m paranoid i’m going to mess it up.

I can’t see plastic wrap being healthy, the tattoo wouldn’t breath and it would become a breeding ground for bacteria. I liked what that person said about TatuDerm, that seems easy… but again, having something on your skin for that long can’t be good. Has anyone else tried this before?

I drywrap most of my tattoos. The trick is to remove the plastic wrap every four hours or so and wash the tattoo with anti-bacterial soap. Then apply fresh plastic wrap. Two or three days later let it exposed to the are and apply a Very small amount of lotion. Less lotion is way better than too much!

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Here is the link to my post in my blog about the healing instructions I follow

My tattoo healing process |

67Olds
Participant
@67olds

When I had my tattoo done the artist used TatuDerm. I personally had no problem with it but my friend who had her tattoo done at the same time did have a problem. I have since heard it is not a good option. I have heard using aquafor and keeping the area clean is best.
My tattoo is now 2 years old and I am still put lotion on it. I find it helps the colors pop.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@67Olds 139084 wrote:

When I had my tattoo done the artist used TatuDerm. I personally had no problem with it but my friend who had her tattoo done at the same time did have a problem. I have since heard it is not a good option. I have heard using aquafor and keeping the area clean is best.
My tattoo is now 2 years old and I am still put lotion on it. I find it helps the colors pop.

I used to use Aquaphore regularly and kept breaking out in tiny white pimples. It has petroleum in it, as does A & D ointment. Get something that is compatible with your skin. Some are cocoa butter based. I use Redemption while getting tattooed, and then “Dry Wrap” with plastic wrap. Look for a petroleum free product, and use very little at a time.
After a few days switch to a fragrance free lotion.

Good luck, keep us posted. (we like pictures)

DeclanDH
Participant
@declandh

I know you guys read a million posts from people that are concerned with how their tattoo is healing so here’s another one.
I’m new to the forum and just got my first tattoo about 10 days ago and there is a part of the tatt that isnt healing like the rest of it and i’m a little concerned.
Its currently in the peeling stage and a part at the bottom has peeled off but doesn’t look right, kind of looks like there isnt much ink under that section.
Is this normal? Should I just keep waiting a few more days till more skin peels off?

http://tinypic.com/r/n6xjkn/8
http://tinypic.com/r/2ihmptt/8

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.