T1m35
Participant
@t1m35

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had had work done or has reviews about Johnny Vaina. I’m a bit of a novice on tattoos and while I really like and enjoy his work, I wasn’t sure if anyone with more experience and a better eye for tattoos sees his work differently or could provide me with feed back.
Johnny Vaina

Would love to hear from you guys,

Thank you.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum.

He does some nice work. I’m a sucker for flowers and fauna. He nails that. Nice work with colors. I would go to him for a tattoo.

What are you thinking of getting?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Depends on what you are getting. What kind of tattoo are you thinking of?

BTW this is awful

T1m35
Participant
@t1m35

I am thinking about getting a black and white guardian angel on my back shoulder blade. The drawings he was doing look pretty good.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

He might do OK if you were to give him the exact drawing you want but he also looks lazy to me just look at these what I guess are suppose to be birds ( and remember only your best goes in to your portfolio)

For what you want try https://www.facebook.com/DeranHallArtwork/

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@buttwheat 147622 wrote:

He might do OK if you were to give him the exact drawing you want but he also looks lazy to me just look at these what I guess are suppose to be birds ( and remember only your best goes in to your portfolio)

Those “birds” look like shit! The tree’s not much better.

OtherAlice
Participant
@otheralice

He sort of gets away with the tree as it’s a very irregular organic form…who would know if the lines moved during tattooing? The birds however, need to be recognisable,even as silhouettes and one way or another he’s fluffed that. I wouldn’t use this tattooist.

Personal opinion (tree): I also read this tattoo as upside down. May look good when you have your hands up, but mostly we have our hands (arms) down. I see it flows with the shape of the forearm, but with this composition you could easily adjust it to flow with the arm in the other direction.

Personal opinion (super hero): Color is insipid and there’s no evidence of an understanding of tonal values, hence a distinct lack of contrast. This is without discussing lining and as a work in progress it may be improved later (??).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.