wayne25
Participant
@wayne25

Hey guys.

Any recommendations for a great japanese style artist in philly area?

Thanks B

timpangburn
Participant
@timpangburn

Well, it would depend on your preference of Japanese. If you want very traditional Japanese I know a guy. If you want a more modern but still very classical style, I have another for you. If you want it modern (ie, textures, light sources, etc) you have me. I own Art Machine Productions in Fishtown, Philly.

http://www.timpangburn.com

If you’re not into my style, I can definitely point you toward the right person. I know the area very well.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

Love your work, Tim!

timpangburn
Participant
@timpangburn

Thanks! I appreciate it. I’m in the middle of doing multiple new school Japanese sleeves so keep an eye on my site.

wayne25
Participant
@wayne25

Tim Awesome work. I love your color variations. I especially liked your “cover up” section, really impressive stuff.

right now I am interested in a more traditional japanese sleeve. You know a guy that can combine a more modern classy japanese style? That also sounds interesting.

Can you give me a link or a couple names?

Thanks

timpangburn
Participant
@timpangburn

If you want very straightforward traditional Japanese, you want to talk to Justin DeGroff. You’d have to search him om FB, I don’t have a link though. He’s very low key so you’re probably better off calling him.

For a more modern but very classic Japanese style you want to talk to Martin Lacasse at Old City Tattoo. Very talented tattooer.

If you talk to either one, tell them I sent you.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It’s great to see someone of your caliber here Tim.

timpangburn
Participant
@timpangburn

I try to pop in and out of forums here and there. Saw a tweet with a Philly question thought I’d sign up to answer.

Infamous78
Participant
@infamous78
timpangburn;80829 wrote:
Well, it would depend on your preference of Japanese. If you want very traditional Japanese I know a guy. If you want a more modern but still very classical style, I have another for you. If you want it modern (ie, textures, light sources, etc) you have me. I own Art Machine Productions in Fishtown, Philly.

http://www.timpangburn.com

If you’re not into my style, I can definitely point you toward the right person. I know the area very well.

Awesome work Tim. I’ve been looking at getting a half sleeve turning into a full sleeve later on of a samurai in japanese style. I currently live in Baltimore but don’t mind traveling some for quality work.

If you know of any good Japanese artist in the Maryland area that would help as well but like I said I don’t mind traveling to get work done.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

oh shit tim victim!!!! you are the man!! your cover ups are some of the best i have seen! glad that you are here!

tim, what do you think of david fox’s japanese? i know his is nowhere near traditional, but i love it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.