atarikid
    Participant
    @atarikid

Hi all.

I’m AtariKid (aka Kayleigh) I’m 24 and looking for work.

I am interested in becoming a good studios apprentice. I am blood disease free, drink and drug free and happy to help.

I’m looking to really work for my apprenticeship I will scrub loos and clean your car and take your washing home if need be. The only thing I will draw a line at is looking after/walking any dogs (im terrified of them) and your kids (Im also terrified of them haha)

I have an extensive portfolio with many different styles and mediums plus sheets of flash art I have worked on. At the moment as well as my part time job I am a freelance artist specializing in custom paintings and portraits as well as furniture restoration. I have had jobs previously in studios but not as an apprentice. I was just a weekend worker. All my jobs outside this industry have been in the customer care sector ranging from call center staff to wedding planner help. I am well educated and fluent in English. Legal to work here as I am a British Citizen.

I have been to college and studied your basic art and design courses as well as illustration in Ayr College (part of the UWS – Universities of West Scotland) However during my late teens up untill I was 22 my life was very volatile so I was unable to graduate from these college placements due to moving over 13 times in the space of 7 years. I am now however settled in Greater Glasgow and looking to secure a trade for my future life doing something I am passionate about. I have applied for a HND in Fine and Contemporary art in the City of Glasgow College. And work evenings and weekend in a call center.

If you would like to offer me a job or talk to me a little bit more then feel free to message me and I’d be happy to talk with you and show you my art. If there is anything specific you would like me to draw up to demonstrate my skills as an artist again just let me know and I would be more than happy to fire it your way.

Thank you kindly for reading this and I hope to hear from someone soon regarding this.

p.s If there are any studios interested outwith the greater glasgow area or further afar I would as of you to give me your exact location along with rough prices of flats in your area as I would consider moving again if the right studio wants me. thanks:D

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Sounds like your heading in the correct direction and doing it all properly 🙂

Any chance of seeing some of your work?

I am not in any way shape or form in the industry but would like to see some of your work, if not I understand 🙂

atarikid
    Participant
    @atarikid

@peterpoose 123098 wrote:

Sounds like your heading in the correct direction and doing it all properly 🙂

Any chance of seeing some of your work?

I am not in any way shape or form in the industry but would like to see some of your work, if not I understand 🙂

Yeah I have been tempted in the past by becoming a scratcher, but I’ve waited since I was a very small child to do this, so Im not going to do anything to mess it up. I’ve never even held a machine before. So I’ll be a baby to it brand new to the whole thing. It’s tough though, I’ve tried for many years now with no luck, but good things comes to those who wait eh?

This is one of my favorite “tattoo” designs I’ve done and I plan on getting it by a professional on my thigh when I have the funds and the other is a pencil portrait on A4 paper I’ve done.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/108/1/c/1cbe7ecb4ded1b5ec673b8cfc04709c3-d4wmle5.jpg

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/174/e/6/e658527df5d43dcfa356e46b7d0c8fb8-d54jkkb.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Have you read the thread “So you want to be a tattoo artist”?

It may be helpful.

atarikid
    Participant
    @atarikid

………….I dunno if this is my laptop just being a dick, but I totally replied to this, is it showing up? Because it’s not on mine =s

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

It didn’t nope but now this reply I see:-)

atarikid
    Participant
    @atarikid

@peterpoose 123144 wrote:

It didn’t nope but now this reply I see:-)

that is so freaking weiiiird.

anyway, Ill try it again.

This 1st one is a design I have done that I will eventually get tattooed on my leg (the lettering is squint like hell!)
    35510_10150796054855605_94397709_n.jpg

And this one is a portrait I done of a friend with pencil on A4 paper.
    599584_10151017055475605_1045916290_n.jpg

atarikid
    Participant
    @atarikid

Haha! Screw you technology!

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

The portrait is very good.

atarikid
    Participant
    @atarikid

@Wardy 123158 wrote:

The portrait is very good.

Ah thanks, I love drawing people. Especially interesting looking people, my friend here she has Heterochromia. Ive been working on a coloured pencil portrait of her.

I really need to learn to take my time though when it comes to drawing, I rush too often, both these images took no longer than 2 hours to draw. I’m sure if I applied more time to my work I would be far better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.