Marlena Rozenberg
    Participant
    @marlena-rozenberg

Hi guys,

My name is Marlena Rozenberg and I’m a 3rd year Psychology student at City University London. I’m conducting a research project on tattoos and tattoo removal for my dissertation. The main goal is to explore the psychology of people who get tattoos – what personality types decide to get tattoos (or not), how and why they decide, and what personality types decide to get them removed (or not) and how and why they decide.

I myself have a tattoo and before deciding whether I wanted to get it, I wondered whether I would regret it in the future. As tattoos are obviously permanent, it is interesting to see how people perceive the permanency issue and to see how that relates to regret. The tendency of people to experience regret has been found to be linked to certain psychological profiles and I’m trying to find whether tattoo regret can be also related to those findings.

I was wondering if any of you would be interested in taking part in the study. The questionnaire takes about 15 minutes to complete (responses are kept confidential).

Your time and interested will be very much appreciated!

You can find the survey by following a link below:
    https://cityss.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eaO6FsmQ8VzCdJX

Marlena Rozenberg
    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me here or on Marlena.Rozenberg.1@city.ac.uk

Thank you!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Please send payment to my paypal account before I devote 15 minutes of time

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

Can’t honestly see you getting anywhere with this. You can’t pigeon-hole people with tattoos, they’re from all walks of life.
    As for those who remove them, it will be the ones that don’t like them in the future, I doubt it’s due to a psychological make-up.
    Anyway, good luck.

Marlena Rozenberg
    Participant
    @marlena-rozenberg

@buttwheat 138918 wrote:

Please send payment to my paypal account before I devote 15 minutes of time

I wish I had resources to offer people money in return for doing my survey. Maybe in the future. Unfortunately for now I’m only relying on people’s good wil and a wish to help. Thank you for replying anyway..

Marlena Rozenberg
    Participant
    @marlena-rozenberg

@Panter 138921 wrote:

Can’t honestly see you getting anywhere with this. You can’t pigeon-hole people with tattoos, they’re from all walks of life.
    As for those who remove them, it will be the ones that don’t like them in the future, I doubt it’s due to a psychological make-up.
    Anyway, good luck.

You doubt it’s due to a psychological make-up. The study’s aim is to see whether there is any relation. Maybe, as you suggested, there isn’t any but I think that psychology of tattoos is very interesting and yet hasn’t been studied in much depth.

Thanks for replying to the post and for sharing your concerns.

M.

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

Hi Marlena,I don’t mind doing surveys,I kind of like them a little actually,I started to do yours and got about to the 3rd page and lost interest,it was too much,

IMO you need to condense it,make it quicker with less questions.

at least for the first 2.5 pages it had nothing to do with tattoos or laser removal from what I saw.

Marlena Rozenberg
    Participant
    @marlena-rozenberg

@NorCalDan 138928 wrote:

Hi Marlena,I don’t mind doing surveys,I kind of like them a little actually,I started to do yours and got about to the 3rd page and lost interest,it was too much,

IMO you need to condense it,make it quicker with less questions.

at least for the first 2.5 pages it had nothing to do with tattoos or laser removal from what I saw.

Questions on tattoo start from the page 4 onward. First 3 pages are personality questions. Than you for the interest and feedback. Oh and thatnks for at least giving it a go 🙂

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

The first three questions are the same question worded differently. Mainly of the questions were just poorly worded… What differentiates a “thought problem” from a regular problem? Why is extraversion coupled with enthusiasm? (I’m very enthusiastic, but very introverted.) I’m reserved, but I wouldn’t peg myself as quiet. Like others have pointed out, this really implies individuals are either wild risk-takers or have California redwood sized logs engaged in their assholes. I also can’t really predict with any accuracy what minor shifts my personality will undergo in the future.

I tried to answer the questions as best I could, but I feel like the questions were worded so poorly anyone reading the data is going to get a wildly inaccurate picture.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

You being a psychology student, I am amazed at just how poorly the third step is conceived. Surely you actually studied some psychology in your three years? Maybe a bit of Jung?

There’s no correlation between Extroversion and Enthusiasm, none between being Critical and Quarrelsome, none between being Dependable and Self-Disciplined, and so on.
    Lumping together completely different personal actions/traits is only going to give you garbage data, which from a dissertation standpoint is absolutely useless.

Also, it is impossible FOR ANYONE to try to guess their psychological status in 10 years time. Absolutely anything can (and will) happen in 10 years, to drastically alter what and who we are today…. so much so that we might not even recognize our future selves.

The psychology of tattoos interests me greatly, as does all psychology, so I wanted to finish this survey. But I can’t. The third stage is unanswerable, and therefore all data collected will be useless.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

Owned.

But really, would a questionnaire taken online by random strangers be an acceptable method of research anyway?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.