toyopl
    Participant
    @toyopl

Got this tattoo 11 years ago when I turned 18, I got high with friends and awsome idea popped into our heads, lets get tattos, overall I do not know what i was thinking when I got this tattoo, lol
    I’m thinking whether I should get started on some laser sessions to get this faded as much as I can for the artist.
    Still undecided on artist, but whoever I like is booked for ages anyway.
    Also undecided on actuall tattoo, just I know it’ll be a modern japanese theme.

Anything I should know about tattoo removal ?
    Are there shitty lasers and good ones, or basically any laser is the same ?

removal.jpg

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

If you want to have the best chance of getting a properly good tattoo, you’ll want to laser that quite a bit before getting a new one. And yes, there are crap lasers and there are good lasers. Choose carefully.

rooster44
    Participant
    @rooster44

There are lots of things to consider. There are topical microdermabrasion creams that can be purchased over the counter, but researching the chemical reaction should be done first. If you’re considering laser removal, always research the facility first and get a consultation. It can take over a year to completely remove a tattoo. Another thing to consider is consulting an artist about whether or not your existing tattoo can be covered up or somehow incorporated into the new tattoo. I know it’s tribal, but it really is amazing what some artists are able to do.

Red Nettle
    Participant
    @red-nettle

If you’ve settled on an artist they should be able to tell you how much lasering you need. They might also be the best people to recommend a clinic to you if they do a lot of cover up work.

JapaneseInked
    Participant
    @japaneseinked

@rooster44 120896 wrote:

There are lots of things to consider. There are topical microdermabrasion creams that can be purchased over the counter, but researching the chemical reaction should be done first. If you’re considering laser removal, always research the facility first and get a consultation. It can take over a year to completely remove a tattoo. Another thing to consider is consulting an artist about whether or not your existing tattoo can be covered up or somehow incorporated into the new tattoo. I know it’s tribal, but it really is amazing what some artists are able to do.

I agree with rooster44. Also if you do decide to do a cover up. Just remember that the artist will most likely recommend a tattoo bigger or maybe even double size of the current one.

Good Luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.