Afink87
Participant
@afink87

I have yet to see a bad white ink tattoo, and I have yet to hear any artist tell me it’s NOT a bad idea. All the pictures I’ve seen are of the brand new tattoo. Any aged tats out there? If you wouldn’t recommend white ink, what color is light that will give a similar effect? I would like a Polynesian style sleeve on my naked arm, but I want it to be very subtle, almost melting into my skin.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

White ink tattoos are nice when you first get them, but they change real fast.

I’m sure some pictures will show up soon. I have none.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

The white usually turns brownish or fades away. My Phantom of the Opera tattoo has a shit ton of whit in it. While it still looks good it doesn’t look nearly as good when I got it done.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

There are white highlights throughout my day of the dead leg piece which have stayed white but have faded out a bit but the white on the grenade on my finger has browned a bit. Don’t know if it’s got anything to do with the location or the fact they were by two different artists so could have used different inks etc, but it’s just the luck of the draw I think. I wouldn’t get a white only tattoo, I wouldn’t only ever use it as a highlight in a black and grey piece just in case!

Afink87
Participant
@afink87

Yes, it would be a black and gray tattoo but the predominant color would be white. How much sun do those tats see? I’m impressed by how white they still are, that phantom is cool as shit too.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Phantom?

Are you asking about my tattoos?

If so I live in England so sunshine is a rarity around here! lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.