TagiDoll
    Participant
    @tagidoll

….Which is ages away I know but I am pretty excited.

I have a basic theme but nothing more planned. I was just hoping to tell the artist the basic idea and let him run with it.

I also want to know how to broach the topic of price without sounding cheap (just because I want to know what to bring and NOT that I don’t understand that I would be paying for quality).

I know that I would need *at least* two sessions, one for shading/colour and one for linework because I have a horribly low pain threshold and couldn’t do everything all at once…Should I bother to bring this up (low pain threshold)? I know I wont move or be crying out loudly in pain but I probably will have a constantly tortured expression on my face.

This brings up something else, I was hoping to bring my friend to have someone to chat about stuff with to help take my mind off the pain. I did this with my first tattoo and I know this works for me. Is that generally frowned upon though? My friend does not have a tattoo, has never been in a parlour before and she wanted me to take her with to the consult as well so she could see what it is about.

I’m also scared the artist will just dismiss my idea as boring and not do it, which is probably irrational but I’m wondering if artists would actually be picky this way?

Any other tips and things to ask/say? I don’t want to seem like a complete ditz. (which I can be often, but was hoping to avoid it this time).

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Who is the consult with?
    Definitely vocalize all your concerns with the artist. And ask if they mind you bringing someone. Some do some don’t.
    Price is not a taboo subject. The artist will give you an idea of time and price at the consult. If they don’t….ask

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@jerryatrophy 139716 wrote:

Who is the consult with?
    Definitely vocalize all your concerns with the artist. And ask if they mind you bringing someone. Some do some don’t.
    Price is not a taboo subject. The artist will give you an idea of time and price at the consult. If they don’t….ask

+1+1!!!!!+1!!!!!!

TagiDoll
    Participant
    @tagidoll

Thanks for the response 🙂 Artist is Crispy Lennox at Third Eye Tattoo

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@jerryatrophy 139716 wrote:

This ^^^^^^

@TagiDoll 139722 wrote:

Artist is Crispy Lennox at Third Eye Tattoo

Good choice

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@TagiDoll 139715 wrote:

I have a basic theme but nothing more planned. I was just hoping to tell the artist the basic idea and let him run with it.

That is how I have gotten my best tattoos – give a really good artist the freedom to run with an idea and they can create something amazing. None of my tattoos have turned out the way that I pictured them ahead of time, they have turned out way better than I ever imagined.

Personally I would not ever take a friend to the consultation – but the consultation would be the appropriate time to ask if it will be OK to bring them to the tattoo appointment. As said before, some will be OK with it and some would prefer you to be alone (and undisturbed).

And relax … although it is a little outside of a normal day for you, you are not his first consultation. I’m sure he will answer most of your questions without you even asking them. And if you forget to ask something it’s no big deal, just give them a call or send off an email. Problem solved.

GOOD CHOICE OF ARTIST!!

TagiDoll
    Participant
    @tagidoll

Thanks for the reassuring and helpful guys 🙂

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Crispy is awesome. Good choice on artist.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

@TagiDoll 139722 wrote:

Thanks for the response 🙂 Artist is Crispy Lennox at Third Eye Tattoo

As Mr Wheat said, great choice! He’s top notch and I’m glad he’s back in Aus (he’s on my hitlist)

TagiDoll
    Participant
    @tagidoll

I’m getting more and more excited. Consult is weekend after this one coming – I’m not even getting tattood that day but still bouncing around in my chair.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@TagiDoll 140231 wrote:

I’m getting more and more excited. Consult is weekend after this one coming – I’m not even getting tattood that day but still bouncing around in my chair.

When I showed up for my first tattoo I was so freaked out I left my head lights on and drained my battery!

TagiDoll
    Participant
    @tagidoll

Crispy is such a nice guy! Outline done and colour to come at the end of the month!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@TagiDoll 141156 wrote:

Crispy is such a nice guy! Outline done and colour to come at the end of the month!

And the pictures are where???

TagiDoll
    Participant
    @tagidoll

@buttwheat 141157 wrote:

And the pictures are where???

So I did this thing, where I came home with the intention of taking a little nap and then taking pictures for all you fine people here but then ended up sleeping for 18 hours straight. I only woke up because my partner woke me up too.

So I don’t have pictures and was a bit hesitant because now it’s not in a 100% attractive stage but I will post pictures for you to critique to your hearts content after work tonight buttwheat 🙂

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Looks good nice and clean line work, I;m excited to see it done.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.