ZMA
    Participant
    @zma

First one artist messed up an incredibly easy piece, worth only 5 minutes.

After it healed I got back and he messed up even further. 🙁

Then I went to a different artist, and he was all cocky and said: “We don’t do other people’s work” it is fixable he said, “but he won’t do it.”

Way to go! you big ego! great way to lose customers right of the bat!

What am I to do? go to the next one, and what if he declines also? What is wrong with them? I am heartbroken by this messed up piece, it meant so much to me. And now I can basically go to a tat removal shop, wasting even more money.

What is it with this ego thing? a tat-artist is doing a service for people, well I can’t see the service anymore!

😡

ZMA
    Participant
    @zma

Getting someone to tattoo your skin is a trust issue. You put all your trust in a “skilled” artist, you think he is passionate about tattooing, and you even give him extra cash just be sure he does a great job. It is there forever! and he just messes up, not once but twice! do you think I trust him now to get it “fixed” for the 3rd time? My trust is completely gone.

I lost all this trust, I am basically scared of getting another one.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum.

I’m sure you’ll find somebody to work on it.

Please send a photo.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Why sign up to a tattoo forum to tell us that your not going to get a tattoo again?

Attention seeking? I think so.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Wardy 122391 wrote:

Why sign up to a tattoo forum to tell us that your not going to get a tattoo again?

Did you even read what he wrote?

To the OP, this is exactly why it’s important to choose a proper tattoo artist, and not just the corner-store guy. You chose a bad tattooist. It happens.

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

@ArniVidar 122392 wrote:

To the OP, this is exactly why it’s important to choose a proper tattoo artist, and not just the corner-store guy. You chose a bad tattooist. It happens.

This. ^

And artists don’t refuse to work on another artist’s piece out of ego. They do it out of respect for the other artist and in some cases, because they don’t want their name associated with any piece of the disaster they can’t fix.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

You will need to learn how to properly select a tattooist. Remember you are buying a service from them you are not looking for a buddy.

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

@ZMA 122376 wrote:

it meant so much to me.

To be perfectly honest, it didn’t mean enough to you as you picked the wrong artist for the job.
    Can’t stress enough to do your research before selecting someone, post on here to get artist recommendations.

Okay, so you’ve cocked up this time, get it lasered and start again. No need to let this experience put you off. A lot of the folk on here have spectacular work after researching their artist, waiting for appointments, and digging deep!

Good luck,

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Wow. Take some personal responsibility. You chose an “artist” for a $40 tattoo at the closest shop you could find and now your pissed because it got messed up? Then you went back to the same guy and were surprised that he messed it up again?
    Laser it and do some homework. Id say there are roughly 50 professional tattooers in my city. Theres maybe 2 that i would even consider going to.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@ArniVidar 122392 wrote:

Did you even read what he wrote?

I appologise i actually didn’t read what he put properly and that’s why i look like a dick now, sorry i just saw the thread title and assumed.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Wardy 122425 wrote:

I look like a dick now.

Oh! My goodness!:)

cascade505
    @

sorry to hear that 🙁

atarikid
    Participant
    @atarikid

@Panter 122403 wrote:

To be perfectly honest, it didn’t mean enough to you as you picked the wrong artist for the job.
    Can’t stress enough to do your research before selecting someone, post on here to get artist recommendations.

^this.

I waited 4 years before I got my 1st tattoo because the meaning behind it was so dear to me, although I went to a (licensed) friend to get it done I knew that he could pull exactly what I wanted off as he had known me for 10 years, that did not stop me from rigorously researching artists in my area and as far as I could possibly travel however.

In my short time in working in a parlor I seen some horrific desgins people have on them due to the fact they did not research, they didn’t know how or they just weren’t bothered, then you hear the sob story about how it was meant for their beloved late grandfather who practicly raised them and you just have to step back and think that, they obviously did not think. trust and reasearch their artist.

Just because you see good tattoos on the wall, does not mean the artist done them or will even bother to make it that good. I have known some lazy artists in my time who if they think can make a quick buck or two will put down the sloppiest thing. It’s horrible. it really is as you and others have said here, a trust thing. Don’t think just cos you’ve went into a shop with an idea that you have to get it booked there, talk with the artist get to know the artist fuck,invite the artist and her hubby to your barbeque. Just create a bond with them 1st.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.