m33k
Participant
@m33k

Hi.
Just thought I’d ask .. Been three weeks now since I made ​​my first tattoo. I think I have followed all the instructions on how to care for a tattoo. But it is a bit wrinkled and “shining”. Think it is a second layer of scabs under those who have come off. (dont know if thats the correct english word.) Or that it is not completed healed. After its healed i think/hope it will sink into the skin nicely?
I can wait two more weeks, then I can see how it looks. If something is wrong i can go back to the tattooist and ask what happened. (I think it heals from the bottom and it may be a process.)
But I found this, so its probably be quite normal.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091114073005AAMKhS7

For some it may take up to a month before a tattoo is fully healed? I thought it might be enough to lubricate it in the morning now and just skip the before bed because it’s been three weeks now. Here is a picture of the tattoo now: http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7303/20120601155317.jpg
(I took with flash, to see more.)
Here’s when it was fresh and had scabs ..
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/jaoz.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/skorpa.jpg/
What do you guys think? Looks alright? Will it sink into the skin and everything about a few weeks? Be smooth and all..
Sincerely, / / m33k

btw, it was a really good tattoo artist who made it. I had my own material. Soo he just went from that;) I may expand it in the future if i have reached my goals in life which i must. I also did this “graffiti koi” after one of my best friend killed himself. (It stands for strengt, luck and love. etc) But the dude that made this, he is good. Soo its not his fault if it has healed badly. And i dont know much about tattoos and healing process. My first time. I think i have followed all things for caring it, but id thought i ask anyway. Thanks in advance.!

Original six
Participant
@original-six

Looks fine to me

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Normal…..

m33k
Participant
@m33k
yodaddynukka;114276 wrote:
Normal…..

Alright. And Sorry for the long post. But those “wrinkly” and shiny bits, and that it “stands out” from the skin so you can feel it. I hope that will fade away in time. Or else i will just leave it i guess. I dont think its scared or Anything. Maybe still healing.
Now its time too sleep. Dead tired. Thnx for your posts. Ill check in another time. Nighty Night *gone*

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I really like the tattoo by the way, nice job and design!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

That shiny wrinkled look is perfectly normal for a healing tattoo. Most tattoos take a month and longer to completely heal. Sorry for my vague response earlier.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looks fine the shinny wrinkled skin is new skin growing over the top of the trauma impacted area. It’s all good and will be fine now get that bitch colored up.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

no doubt, its healing fine, I want to see that finished

m33k
Participant
@m33k
peterpoose;114283 wrote:
I really like the tattoo by the way, nice job and design!

Thanks a bunch! I had help with the design thou. From another dude.
Thank you =)

m33k
Participant
@m33k
yodaddynukka;114286 wrote:
That shiny wrinkled look is perfectly normal for a healing tattoo. Most tattoos take a month and longer to completely heal. Sorry for my vague response earlier.

No problems at all. I made a long ass post heh. 😉
But thanks. Yeah i will just wait and see.

buttwheat;114292 wrote:
Looks fine the shinny wrinkled skin is new skin growing over the top of the trauma impacted area. It’s all good and will be fine now get that bitch colored up.

Alright! Yeah, it will be fine. And i have thought about getting it colored. But i have not decided yet. I’ll just leave it in black for a while..
I think black looks alright too. But blue or red or something, would be nice. I can mess with the coloring later on. But i kinda like just black. My first tattoo;) Will do another tattoo after i reached certain goals in life.

mrchen;114304 wrote:
no doubt, its healing fine, I want to see that finished

Yeah, maybe i can post in the future then!

Anyways. Thanks for all your reply:s. Now im gonna go out in the sun and put some sunblock or sunlotion on it. Been three weeks soo that should be fine.
PEACE

m33k
Participant
@m33k

nevermind..

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Actually i would wait a couple more weeks to put sunscreen on. Your skin is still healing. But if u must, do it but try not to do it often.

m33k
Participant
@m33k
yodaddynukka;114329 wrote:
Actually i would wait a couple more weeks to put sunscreen on. Your skin is still healing. But if u must, do it but try not to do it often.

Alright. Thnx. How about the lotion i use for healing a tattoo? I used to wash it in the morning, then apply lotion. Then again before bed.

Should i stop using lotion now? Or just in the morning? I have stopped washing it and all. Just when i take showers.
Whats best for the healing? Maybe if i stop using it, the skin and all will heal naturally.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I use lotion once a day even on my old tattoos. Of course you dont have to, but it helps to keep the skin to be healthy and “shiny” and that in turn may help the tattoo look better.

Everyone is different so of course u should do what is best for u, but i am pretty much an aftercare snob. I alaways cover up when im out in the sun and i exfoliate my tattoos (after they have been healed at least 3 months) around once a month.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I’m going to have my tattoo washed in mineral water from the untouched north pole icebergs by 7 virgins!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.