wowzoski
Participant
@wowzoski

I’m thinking about getting a rose and a tiger’s face. I’ve already decided to ink the rose on my right shoulder blade, but i’ve got no idea for the tiger. I was thinking of like waist? But i’m afraid i’ll gain weight, and the face would turn ugly. :l And i’m also scared it’ll hurt a lot.

Help? :confused:

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

You shouldn’t get it anywhere because the fact your asking where to put it shows that you are not ready to get the tattoo.

wowzoski
Participant
@wowzoski

I wanted to ink the face on my left shoulder blade, but i was afraid it’ll look weird.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

You should always get the tattoo where you want to get the tattoo, doesn’t matter what anybody else will think about it. 🙂

wowzoski
Participant
@wowzoski

Ooo, alright, thanks a lot! 🙂

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

No problem mate, good luck with your tattoo! be sure to post some pictures when you get it done 🙂

The Range
Participant
@the-range
Wardy;111006 wrote:
You should always get the tattoo where you want to get the tattoo, doesn’t matter what anybody else will think about it. 🙂

It may not matter what anyone “thinks” about it, but there are still a lot of things to consider as to what the best placement would be (pain, canvas size, sun exposure, curvature, wear-and-tear, practicality, changes in body shape, etc.–all unrelated to a simple opinion of the piece). Considering that the OP is asking about a shoulder-blade tattoo (which is an uneven, bumpy canvas) and the stomach (which against our hopes, doesn’t necessarily improve with time) I think more consideration needs to be taken than a simple “do what you want.” Just because a person is flexible/undecided on a location shouldn’t indicate that they’re not ready for a tattoo.

Best thing you can do when worrying about tattoo placement? First check the portfolio of your artist and see if they’ve done pieces on the body part you’re looking to get tattooed–do they still maintain nice clean lines and shape? Do they show the quality that you’re looking for? Then think about what you want to get tattooed, do these portfolio pieces come close to what you’re imagining for yourself? Or do they seem far less detailed/complex? If we’re doing good so far, then still be prepared for some swaying. Talk to your artist and run your idea past him/her, make sure you let them know how set (or not set) you are on location–if you’re inflexible, they may want to alter the design to accommodate the placement. If you’re flexible, they’ll suggest a place where the tattoo will look exactly how you want it (which, don’t get me wrong, could be exactly where you want it). Don’t be afraid to ask a million questions on what’s good and what’s bad about the placement.

Basically, any placement decisions should be made between you and your artist. We at the forums can certainly tell you the general pros/cons for a location and make an educated guess based on how you describe your idea (to get you thinking), but since we don’t know your body shape or the actual design, we certainly can’t tell you one place would be more ideal than another.

Adler
Participant
@adler
The Range;111060 wrote:
It may not matter what anyone “thinks” about it, but there are still a lot of things to consider as to what the best placement would be (pain, canvas size, sun exposure, curvature, wear-and-tear, practicality, changes in body shape, etc.–all unrelated to a simple opinion of the piece). Considering that the OP is asking about a shoulder-blade tattoo (which is an uneven, bumpy canvas) and the stomach (which against our hopes, doesn’t necessarily improve with time) I think more consideration needs to be taken than a simple “do what you want.” Just because a person is flexible/undecided on a location shouldn’t indicate that they’re not ready for a tattoo.

Best thing you can do when worrying about tattoo placement? First check the portfolio of your artist and see if they’ve done pieces on the body part you’re looking to get tattooed–do they still maintain nice clean lines and shape? Do they show the quality that you’re looking for? Then think about what you want to get tattooed, do these portfolio pieces come close to what you’re imagining for yourself? Or do they seem far less detailed/complex? If we’re doing good so far, then still be prepared for some swaying. Talk to your artist and run your idea past him/her, make sure you let them know how set (or not set) you are on location–if you’re inflexible, they may want to alter the design to accommodate the placement. If you’re flexible, they’ll suggest a place where the tattoo will look exactly how you want it (which, don’t get me wrong, could be exactly where you want it). Don’t be afraid to ask a million questions on what’s good and what’s bad about the placement.

Basically, any placement decisions should be made between you and your artist. We at the forums can certainly tell you the general pros/cons for a location and make an educated guess based on how you describe your idea (to get you thinking), but since we don’t know your body shape or the actual design, we certainly can’t tell you one place would be more ideal than another.

That’s a truthful post. Placement is important and should not be taken lightly when considering the tattoo choices. The artist will typically give the best advice as to what will fit somewhere the best, so don’t just automatically get the tattoo wherever you might want it, it does matter what someone else will think…that especially being the artist.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.