monicka8311
Participant
@monicka8311

Hey everybody,
I’m new here. My name is Monicka and i have 2 tattoos and 10 piercings… nothing crazy. I am about to get my back done and that’s where I need advice.
I have picked my tattoo out and my artist has drawn it up, I love the tattoo and can’t wait to get started. The artist is an amazing artist and highly recommended as the only artist to go to in my area.
He charges $150 an hour or $600 for a full day which he says saves $300 (6 hours) He is estimating that the outline of the tattoo itself will take a full day to complete. I was originally going to go in for 3 hours to make sure I could handle the pain. The pain was very minimal with my last two tattoos (one on my right shoulder blade and one on my thigh) but I know that’s because they are on meatier areas.
😮
My first question is, does it sound like a bad idea to go in getting my first spine tattoo and paying for the full day? My reasoning is it will save money and we will only have to lay that carbon once…

Second question is, do I tip him after every session or just at the very end?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I never had a back piece so I don’t know. I would tip him every time.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Go for as much ink as you can, my back isn’t very sensitive, you can dance onit ten hours, tip every session for best results

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Tip every session, at least 20%. And I’d do it in one session. We’re the sex that gives birth and menstruates for days. A tattoo all day should be doable.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

As a fledgling tattoo artist, I can say that tips are definitely awesome with every sitting. Usually half the price of the tattoo goes to the shop owner. Then you have supplies to think about. Plus the hours spent drawing and re-drawing designs. Tips are very appreciated and good tippers are well taken care of.

monicka8311
Participant
@monicka8311

Thanks guys much appreciated!

NatRye78
Participant
@natrye78

I had 3 sessions of little over 2 hours each for my back so far, my tattooist found it best as my muscles started tensioning more (unvoluntarily) after that time.

monicka8311
Participant
@monicka8311

Thanks! I made it! Sat through 7 hours very well. Everybody warned me about the spine but my sides were a lot more sore! Worth the 600 for sure!!

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

Congrats on your new one, what did you end up getting?

monicka8311
Participant
@monicka8311

This is what i’m at right now, there is still a bunch of detail to be drawn in as well as color. The whole thought behind the tattoo, is this is the actual ruler of my body, this is who I really am. Everybody sees the shell that she lives in but you never really see her true form.
She will be holding Satan’s skull and there will be blood everywhere, behind the pillars will be a see of flames with people burning in it. She is the true ruler of hell. She’s going to have numerous tattoos on her body and one will be a garter on her left thigh, i’m going to get that same garter tattoo’d on my left thigh to show we are truly one in the same. I will have other tattoos around my body to show where she has branded me from within (one will be the word Sinner sliced into me with a razor blade)
I’m have a huge fear of spides but her jewerly and tattoos will be spider themed (I already have a black widow on my thigh) and I will get more spiders crawling on my body.
It’s basically the don’t judge a book by it’s cover I look sweet and innocent but have never been the sweet innocent girl people see.
Sorry I can go off on all the tattoos i want but I want them all linked together.

04-16-20128-40-07AM.jpg
04-16-20128-37-51AM.jpg

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

damn, diving in head first, full blast

monicka8311
Participant
@monicka8311
mrchen;111770 wrote:
damn, diving in head first, full blast

Is there really any other way of doing it :p

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.