mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

good luck explaining that to your jewish boss or the huge african american prisoners hammering you in your ass here in one of atlantas fine correctional institutions,

you came here and asked for advice, you are not listening to any of it, must be real young

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Regardless of what it was meant to mean, now a days 9.9/10 people will say they associate the swastika with Hitler as well as the Nazis.. Maybe skin heads too

Get something else to resemble what you’re looking for or you’re going to regret getting anything near a swastika tattooed on your body

BURGESS
Participant
@burgess

I am taking it on board; I am interested in others’ opinions which is why I’m here.

But I do think it’s important that as I am asking for advice, you all know why and why I’d consider getting such a controversial tattoo so that I get an informed and thought out opinion instead of a generic answer.

I am young, but not that young. Old enough to have a house, a woman and a business. 😉

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

Folks, this could be an April Fools joke!

BURGESS;110571 wrote:
Hey, was just looking for some advice.

Want to get a traditional swastika (no nazi connotations!) but I don’t know what part of my body to get it done on. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
kcgreyhound;110616 wrote:
Folks, this could be an April Fools joke!

Somehow, I think not though :confused:

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

In an ideal world you could get your swastika tattoo and it would help to enlighten people as to it’s true meaning and ultimately lead to the symbol no longer being seen as an image of hate. In the real world (the one we live in) you will spend about 20 hours explaining to your nearest and dearest what it really means and they will take it on board with a pinch of salt to humour you whilst secretly thinking that you have made a massive mistake. The other 99.9% of the population that you are not able to directly explain this to will see you as a complete idiot and will avoid you in the street, make excuses not to talk to you at parties and generally make the most obvious assumption regarding your tattoo. When you start to get turned down for jobs and you find it impossible to make new friends you will probably start to look into getting laser treatment or a cover up is it really worth it? There are hundreds of equally representative symbols for luck, life, fertility, light and love, you should pick one of them.

I’m not trying to have a go at you but you need to see the realities of this decision, like I said in an ideal world I think the motives behind your tattoo are good and I would support them, but we don’t live in an ideal world so I feel I have to try and make you see that.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

This could be a surprise missile attack!

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove
BURGESS;110602 wrote:
That’s good. The one I was thinking of using doesn’t resemble the nazi symbol.

I think it would be great to bring back its true meanings. 🙂

And maybe we can bring back the true meaning of the word “fond” to mean “foolish.” Um, no. Language and symbols evolve, and your tattoo is simply in poor taste. You KNOW it’s in poor taste. Would you get a tattoo that says, “FUCK!”? I mean, it means, “to strike,” anyone who says otherwise is clearly ignorant, amirite?

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

An old friend of mine, who is dead now god bless his soul, had KKK on his neck which were his initials. After a few beatings and constant people brushing him off he had it covered with a swirly thing!

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

You know, I am quite aware of the Swastika’s original meaning – it is an ancient symbol found all over the world. I’d guess it came out of Atlantis originally – but whatever.

However, this sure comes under the heading of “pick your battles”. I certainly do have my own personal crusades (Men’s liberation and dress reform), but reforming the Swastika is more than any one person, or group of persons, can do. Maybe in a few hundred years, but for now, the symbol is ruined.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

This thread reminded me of a guy I worked with when I lived in West Virginia. He had a swastika tattooed on his head (which was shaved) and yes, it was for racist reasons. About 2 days after he got it done, a few black guys jumped him and beat the piss out of him. He comes to work and says “You see what they’re like?!” DOH!

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

My advice is don’t get it done.

You ever hear of manwoman?

http://www.manwoman.net/

The dude has 1000’s of swastikas tattooed on him to try and take back the true meaning of it

ManWoman-swastika.jpg

I would just get something else if I was you

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Aussie_Al;110722 wrote:
My advice is don’t get it done.

You ever hear of manwoman?

http://www.manwoman.net/

The dude has 1000’s of swastikas tattooed on him to try and take back the true meaning of it

ManWoman-swastika.jpg

I would just get something else if I was you

Wow, what a crazy bastard. lol I truly respect anyone that fights for a good cause, but that seems like a whole lot of effort to save one symbol. 😡

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Yeah he is pretty committed – still think the OP should leave it alone

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
D3FiANC3;110716 wrote:
This thread reminded me of a guy I worked with when I lived in West Virginia. He had a swastika tattooed on his head (which was shaved) and yes, it was for racist reasons. About 2 days after he got it done, a few black guys jumped him and beat the piss out of him. He comes to work and says “You see what they’re like?!” DOH!

lol……twat!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.