BURGESS
Participant
@burgess

Hey, was just looking for some advice.

Want to get a traditional swastika (no nazi connotations!) but I don’t know what part of my body to get it done on. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Guess it depends on whether you want to get beaten up every time you go out lol

Beamygrunt
Participant
@beamygrunt

If you ask 100 people in stupid street the majority would only know the one connotation and unfortunately that would be the wrong one. Don’t do a Charles Manson.

Good luck with what and where you decide.

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose
peterpoose;110572 wrote:
Guess it depends on whether you want to get beaten up every time you go out lol

lol, yea, that

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Your ass. Best place for something like this. The swastika is obviously most well known as a symbol of hatred so unless you are comfortable portraying this image, then hide it or get something else to symbolize the idea you are trying to portray.

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

I agree completley, unfortunatley majority of the general population are ignorant and will hate you for it. Be careful with that one for sure. I would look for another idea.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Get it right next to you star of david tattoo.

BURGESS
Participant
@burgess

Aye, maybe it is a bad idea. Wouldn’t go well with my skinhead, blonde hair and blue eyes.

Thanks anyway. 🙂

It’s a shame people are so ignorant.

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

Yea good call, I’m sure there is something you can find that might portray your idea in a much more peaceful manner.

BURGESS
Participant
@burgess

Just wondering; I saw this tattoo (a modified Jain swatika)

tumblr_lbbepvEFeL1qd9o49o1_500.jpg

Would you automatically assume this person was a nazi and that they were using it as a sign of hatred?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
BURGESS;110599 wrote:
Just wondering; I saw this tattoo (a modified Jain swatika)

tumblr_lbbepvEFeL1qd9o49o1_500.jpg

Would you automatically assume this person was a nazi and that they were using it as a sign of hatred?

No, because it doesn’t strike me as being a swastika right away.

BURGESS
Participant
@burgess

That’s good. The one I was thinking of using doesn’t resemble the nazi symbol.

I think it would be great to bring back its true meanings. 🙂

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

And just what is it’s true meaning? Perception is reality, and people have pretty strong perceptions of the swastika. Do you want to spend the rest of your life justifying it and “enlightening” people?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

that tattoo could cost you alot in your future, jobs, promotions, friends, ass whippins, it isnt worth it no matter your meaning

BURGESS
Participant
@burgess

It’s been used for thousands of years by many different cultures as a representation for many positive things; namely but not restricted to luck, fertility, life, light and love.

I find it quite sad that something which meant something so good and spiritual for so long was turned into something so disgusting and full of hate. And I think using it to represent its real meaning is actually pretty anti-nazi.

I understand that people might not feel the same way, but I think its subversion and contamination shows the power and the evils of mass marketing and propoganda and I would like to set things to rights as it were.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.