angliadan
Participant
@angliadan

Hey all, first time visitor, and poster.

Well, after spending thousands of dollars on my masterpiece with a tattooist who would rather follow his own vision than mine, after countless re-bookings and mis-understandings, after two YEARS of loyal monthly visits, after hearing him say to me in a fit of rage ‘Your tattoo doesn’t mean fu#*!ng sh!t to me!…
I would like to know your worst experience.

Yes, I could of gone to a different tattooist, but he had my money, and I was under the mis-understanding that he was a ‘professional’ he was a complete douche bag.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Just wondering more on your story on your masterpiece? Pics?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

No bad experiences here, but I’d sure like to hear and see more of yours.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Wow would love to see pics! And after about 80hrs of chair time with 6 different artists, i have had not 1 bad experience. I guess because mostly i give the artists almost complete artistic freedom.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

My first tat experience wasn’t awful, but it wasn’t pleasant either. At first the artist seemed cool, but I was immediately disappionted when he just took my design as it was and refused to make it his own. All through my wife’s tat and my tat (scheduled back-to-back), he didn’t say a single word (2.5 hours). He was so heavy-handed you’d think he was carving into cinderblock with a rusty screwdriver. When he was done, I noticed he had carved out a chunk of my skin in one area. Despite that, I gave him a 20%+ tip just to be a nice guy.

I waited until it healed up and low and behold, not only is there ink missing but I am scarred there. I also noticed some other sketchy areas that needed fixing. When I contacted him, he blew me off entirely. No reply for 2 weeks – and he isn’t THAT busy. Finally, I emailed the shop manager and got an email back from the shop owner who said he would fix it up himself. Now this guy is a world class artist so that was really cool, but honestly the d*uchebag who did the tat shoudl have fixed it in the first place. I never went back since the shop is over 2 hours from here, but if I do, I’m not going back to that a**hat artist.

Evilrhoda
Participant
@evilrhoda

Wow. Did your tattoo turn out well after all that? I sure hope so.

Sinnaere
Participant
@sinnaere

My only bad tattoo experience was partially my own fault for going to an inferior artist and it was only bad because of the finished product. But I was 18, went in on a whim to the first tattoo shop that I found off base, and asked her to draw me up a slave band. She drew it up in about 10 minutes, if that. Then she started tattooing me. She left gaps in the band so that she could color in with white to make it look like “real metal” with light glistening off of it. Then she did shading underneath the band to make it look like it was a shadow and it was hovering just over my skin like a real slave band would if I were wearing it. She was fairly pleasant with me, but not the best of artists. It was a valuable lesson to me, but I don’t plan to cover up the ink or get it lasered off. My mistake, now I live with it. I may wind up getting a full sleeve to go with it eventually, but for now, I live with it.

angliadan
Participant
@angliadan

I think I managed to get a photo up in my album, albeit a bad one off my iphone….
If I was to list the mistakes, you would get sick of reading them.

Im not happy with it, especially because it’s associated to an ‘artist’ who left such a bad taste in my mouth.
It’s not even remotely completed, and I’m hoping that someday when I come up with the money again, somebody with tenfold the amount of skill as this cock has, can finish it for me.

Thanks for sharing your stories guys, unfortunate that you’ve had some bad experiences.
I’m absolutely not put off by tattooing, just on a break for now 😉

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Hey thanks for sharing.
What was your vision for this? What is suppose to be going on?

angliadan
Participant
@angliadan

It’s quite hard to say exactly what my original vision was, as it has warped and morphed over the two years trying to steer the ship in the right direction.
The ‘clouds’ in the foreground were never supposed to be so prominent, and lacking details and depth. He’s tattooed solid black blotches. You can see on the left nipple one he has tried to put some depth into it with grey wash after my expressions of concern.
The sun was to be shaded from the inside out, orange to red.
The top half of the background shading was supposed to be to the same details as the bottom half (no visible lines, just shadings)

What I was after, was a symmetrical, detailed, beautiful flowing piece of artwork that represented light and dark and the relationship between the two.
What I got was something different.
In hindsight, I should have listened to my heart a bit more and split a lot earlier in the saga, but he had my money, and was very convincing of his ability. A lot of the sittings felt like an experiment, or practice for him.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
angliadan;87021 wrote:
What I got was something different

Well that sure sucks.

Are you gonna leave it as is, or perhaps laser off a bit of the black and fix it in the future?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Holy shit those are clouds 😮 wow I thought the one on your left shoulder was a sea horse. I’m sure with time you will find someone that can fix that. I think though some lasering is going to be needed.

Adler
Participant
@adler
buttwheat;87036 wrote:
… I think though some lasering is going to be needed.

Is it just me or does it seem that phrase has been suggested quite a lot lately.

angliadan
Participant
@angliadan

haha… a sea horse. Some kind of ridiculous seahorse cloud blob.

I didn’t think about lasering, I absolutely want it fixed and finished. As it’s all in a very prominent spot.
I guess my plan of attack is find a REAL artist, who wants to help finish it. Speak with him about areas to laser off, and go from there?

Better get in on some lotto tickets..

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
angliadan;87042 wrote:
I guess my plan of attack is find a REAL artist, who wants to help finish it. Speak with him about areas to laser off, and go from there?

What corner of the world are you in maybe we can help find the right artist

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.