MYCAELIS93
Participant
@mycaelis93

hey i am trying to find a print out of the rock (Dwayne Johnsons) sleeve tattoo, because i dont want the exact same one i want to redesign it and make it my own on photoshop.

any help would be highly appreciated 🙂

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Not going to happen. It’s never been put to paper, since it is a freehand job.

MYCAELIS93
Participant
@mycaelis93
ArniVidar;84273 wrote:
Not going to happen. It’s never been put to paper, since it is a freehand job.

so if i gave a picture of the tattoo from all angles he wouldnt be able recreate and redesign?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Any decent artist could create something similar from pictures, yes, but any decent artist would refuse to create the exact same piece.

Why do you want THAT piece, though? It’s in no way specifically beautiful, nor is it cool. You are 18 years old and you’re planning on getting the biggest tribal piece I’ve ever seen, in a culture that is beginning to hate tribal. Not a particularly wise move, if I’m honest.

MYCAELIS93
Participant
@mycaelis93
ArniVidar;84299 wrote:
Any decent artist could create something similar from pictures, yes, but any decent artist would refuse to create the exact same piece.

Why do you want THAT piece, though? It’s in no way specifically beautiful, nor is it cool. You are 18 years old and you’re planning on getting the biggest tribal piece I’ve ever seen, in a culture that is beginning to hate tribal. Not a particularly wise move, if I’m honest.

i dont want that exact piece i just want a basic template which i liked to improve on and make it my own and more meaningful and thats the only decent one i can find, if you can find a cooler one please be my guest

also how did you know how old i am lol

ArniVidar
@arnividar

That’s the thing though, I couldn’t find you anything cooler because I find absolutely nothing cool about tribal. That’s just my opinion, however, and if you like it then great for you.

However, I’m sorry to say that it’s about 99.998% certain that in 10 years you will hate your tattoo if you get that one.

As for your age, I’ve been a moderator on boards like these for close to 20 years. I have my ways 😉

MYCAELIS93
Participant
@mycaelis93
ArniVidar;84303 wrote:
That’s the thing though, I couldn’t find you anything cooler because I find absolutely nothing cool about tribal. That’s just my opinion, however, and if you like it then great for you.

However, I’m sorry to say that it’s about 99.998% certain that in 10 years you will hate your tattoo if you get that one.

As for your age, I’ve been a moderator on boards like these for close to 20 years. I have my ways 😉

i dont know whether or not i will still like it in 10 years it matters if i like it now,

also could you reccomend me some great tattoo design websites because i wanna make sure im getting the right one for me

ArniVidar
@arnividar
MYCAELIS93;84304 wrote:
i dont know whether or not i will still like it in 10 years it matters if i like it now,

Unless you’re planning on dying soon, I’d say that is the wrong attitude. Ink is permanent, and that huge blob of black is a permanent blob of black that will outlive you.

And there’s no such thing as a great tattoo design website. Some claim to be, but they are scams designed to take your money. You just go through places like Google and DeviantArt and forums like these and tattoo artist galleries and you find what you like.

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

Arni is right, DO NOT GET A TRIBAL TATTOO, especially one that big. Todays society isn’t too fond of tribals anymore, thank god. If you like it now, but, you aren’t sure if you will like it in 10 years, don’t get it.

MYCAELIS93
Participant
@mycaelis93
BossNass;84321 wrote:
Arni is right, DO NOT GET A TRIBAL TATTOO, especially one that big. Todays society isn’t too fond of tribals anymore, thank god. If you like it now, but, you aren’t sure if you will like it in 10 years, don’t get it.

its not going to be fully tribal once i have redesigned it, like i said before its basically just a template so it will be partially tribal.

and ive never heard anyone say they dont like tribal

shaggs2riches
Participant
@shaggs2riches

My thoughts are to get a picture off google and get your artist to work with you for interpretation. As far as the whole tribal hatred bull…..err drama. I’d say get what suits yourself. If you are getting the tattoo to please society and its trends then you are getting it for the wrong reasons. There is always going to be people who will hate or love your tattoo. I have tribal and plan on getting more. I know how people feel about the artwork and could care less. The people here are very knowlegable people and have various ways of expressing their opinions. From everything you read on this forum, the one thing you should take from it is that you have to be happy with what you get, and you should try not to get too offended when someone does not like your artwork. After all it is just that…your artwork and what matters is that you like it. I mean really some of the most valuable pieces of artwork out there, really aren’t that great of art but people still pay millions for them.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
shaggs2riches;84512 wrote:
As far as the whole tribal hatred bull…..err drama. I’d say get what suits yourself. If you are getting the tattoo to please society and its trends then you are getting it for the wrong reasons.

But that’s just it. MOST people that get tribals get it BECAUSE it is trendy and hip and cool. Coincidentally, most people that get tribals also regret it later on in life. Connection?

shaggs2riches
Participant
@shaggs2riches

Yup I guess one can’t argue with that point. I know of people who did that with barbed wire bands an later went to cover them up. I myself always wanted tribal and waited 12 years (I’m 28) to get it just to make sure I wasn’t jumping on a trend. So yeah if a person is getting one on a whim because they think it’ll look cool or a buddy has one then its something that they should really look at and evaluate. To me that’s how all tattoo work should be looked at. I could have got a tattoo at 16 but glad I took my time. I’m sure that is why there is a lot of negativity against tribal artwork in the first place. That and with all the great artists coming out of the woodwork these days, one really has a ton more options choosing a tattoo than before. I simply mean that if he wants a tribal and has put a ton of thought into it (ten years down the road should be considered too) then by all means get one.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w
MYCAELIS93;84304 wrote:

also could you reccomend me some great tattoo design websites because i wanna make sure im getting the right one for me

Massive mistake right there. Tattoos are not something you fuck around with and get on a whim… you need to plan this out carefully, especially since you are going so big. You DO NOT want to get something that you arent sure you will like in the future. You MUST be absolutely certain you will like your tattoo idea for the rest of your life. Too many people have shared that same attitude you have and have hated their decision, enough to endure the searing pain of laser tattoo removal. And im not just talking about tribal, this can happen with any style of tattoo.

Again, dont fuck this up. Tattoos are considered permanent for a reason. Sure you can remove them, but its difficult, very painful, and costs alot of money. You need to plan every detail of your tattoo and go through all of the right steps. If you need any advice on this point, feel free to ask.

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

Are you a footy?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.