BEB
Participant
@beb

I got a tattoo yesterday of my son’s name and at the end of the tattoo I noticed the artist was putting some shading under the lettering. It wasn’t something I asked for and it was really red. He said he was using a light grey ink and that it is red b/c it’s mixed with water and will go away in about an hour. He said when it was all cleared up, it would be very, very faint. Well it’s been almost a full day and it is as red as ever. If not black and blue. I have gotten tattoos from this shop before and have never experienced anything like this before so I am kind of freaking out.

I have a photo on my desktop I just don’t know how to put it in the body of the thread. If someone could help me out with that too, that would be great.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
BEB;84134 wrote:
I have a photo on my desktop I just don’t know how to put it in the body of the thread. If someone could help me out with that too, that would be great.

Put the picture in your “tattoo album”

I have never heard of using red with black to make grey

BEB
Participant
@beb
buttwheat;84135 wrote:
Put the picture in your “tattoo album”

I have never heard of using red with black to make grey

No, they didn’t use red to make grey. He used a “light grey” that made my skin red. Which he said was normal and would only last an hour or so.

I’m going to put that pic in my album now.

BEB
Participant
@beb

OK…the pic is in. Does anyone have any idea why the hell my arm is so red and bruised when it’s supposed to be a grey shaded outline???

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Looks to me to be normal shading that’s healing. The skin looks like that under your black as well. It’s simple bruising 😀

BEB
Participant
@beb

really? i didn’t know it would bruise so badly. Especially after he said it would go away in a hour…..hope your right.

How long does that usually take to heal?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If it’s a bruise, the question is.. how long do your bruises generally take to heal?

BEB
Participant
@beb
ArniVidar;84153 wrote:
If it’s a bruise, the question is.. how long do your bruises generally take to heal?

If it’s not a bruise is what I am more concerned about.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If it wags like a duck and quacks like a duck, it most likely isn’t a donkey. 🙂

If it’s an infection, you will spike a fever. If it’s something really crappy that the artist did, you will see it when it’s healed. If it’s a bruise, it will fade away. What else do you think it could be?

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500

its normal. last sat i had some real light shading done on the banner of my crest and it was red for the first few days then it starts looking pink. its gone now.

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

it is just that your skin has gone through a type of trauma, if you got a friction burn your skin would go red til it tried to heal and fix itself – its the same thing here. depends on the person but when my skin does that it goes away in 2-3 days, though i usually take a bit longer to heal than most people. and it tends to be that for me, it goes more red when they are using the light grey shading than the actual outlines or colour.

dont worry about it – just wait til your tattoo is completely healed and you will see.

BEB
Participant
@beb

thanks everyone. i’ll give it a few days to see how it heals. I’ll keep you posted.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looks like a blood line tattoo to me. (tattooing with water and no ink) Maybe it was really light grey.
Anyhow the red will fade and there may or may not be grey there.

BEB
Participant
@beb
buttwheat;84193 wrote:

Looks like a blood line tattoo to me. (tattooing with water and no ink) Maybe it was really light grey.
Anyhow the red will fade and there may or may not be grey there.

Thanks. I hope it goes away. I haven’t really seen any improvement yet and I am going on day 3. The thing is if you notice, closer to the armpit is a lot darker than the rest of the line. I never heard of a blood line before. I really hope it goes away. The tattoo would have looked just fine without his own tinkering. This was done at a very respectable shop and I’d be really upset/shocked if it got all f’ed up.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I actually believe that slight shading under it will complete an otherwise incomplete tattoo, but to each his own.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.