livingdoll
Participant
@livingdoll

Don’t hate. I’ve wanted to have a beauty mark tattooed above my lip for a long, long time, especially after seeing that it can be done well. Dita Von Teese and Beatrice Dalle, two spectacularly beautiful women, both have gorgeous beauty mark tattoos.

I wouldn’t mind having to touch it up every few years or so. However, I’ve heard that a beauty mark tattoo on the face can run or turn into an unattractive blob. I don’t know if those things are even true because like I say, I’ve seen it done before and the results look great.

Is there any reason I shouldn’t try to find an artist willing to do this for me? I’m positive that I want this tattoo, but I obviously don’t want a black blob on my face. Does anyone have experience with beauty mark tattoos on the face?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Beauty mark? Now there’s a first! What seperates a beauty mark from any ol’ birth mark?

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Have you ever thought of just getting a piercing instead?

livingdoll
Participant
@livingdoll

I have, and may just settle for a monroe if the general consensus is that a tattoo is a bad idea.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

I don’t know anything specific about cosmetology tattoos, but assume there isn’t any physical difference between them and regular tattoos.

The edges of lines on any tattoo will start to break down, fade and expand a bit as it ages (10-20 years, assuming it’s good work and you keep UV rays from hitting it). Get your original dot small, so you can get it cleaned up every few years and avoid it being the size of a penny when you’re old.

livingdoll
Participant
@livingdoll

That’s what I thought, too. I was just wondering if someone here knew something I didn’t. I’m also a little concerned about skin care products on the area breaking down the tattoo or “blurring” it faster.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

I think we need a ‘before” picture, to determine if a beauty mark is really a necessity or not . . .

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx
livingdoll;81170 wrote:
I wouldn’t mind having to touch it up every few years or so. However, I’ve heard that a beauty mark tattoo on the face can run or turn into an unattractive blob.

How do you differentiate between a beauty mark and a blob? To me its potato and potato. Get yourself a black sharpie and make your own blob… er… beauty mark whenever you want.

ToxicTori
Participant
@toxictori

i actually like the idea of tattooing the beauty mark , i like the monroe but i feel like it looks like a big mole sticking out and im a huge marilyn fan i would just do a little research or even go to a really good tattoo shop and ask them about it ,and maybe you could find someone who is a professional makeup tattoo artist they would prob be able to help you more and give you what you want might cost a little more tho anywho i dont think your lame at all lol if i could pull of blonde i would prob style my hair like marilyns good luck!!

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

You could always get up, pick up the sharpie by the bed, quick look in the mirror and bingo another day another spot.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.