erika21
Participant
@erika21

Hi
Can anybody help me identify this script below?
Tattooscript.jpg

Thanks a lot

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Sure thing. It’s Elvish (yes… J.R.R. Tolkien’s own language). Tengwar Quenya, to be exact.

Somewhat incorrectly (or rather, not clearly enough) says “Forever In My Heart” ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
ArniVidar;80284 wrote:
Sure thing. It’s Elvish (yes… J.R.R. Tolkien’s own language). Tengwar Quenya, to be exact.

Somewhat incorrectly (or rather, not clearly enough) says “Forever In My Heart” ๐Ÿ™‚

Um your geekdom is showing you might want to tuck that back in.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

LOL!

Proud to be a geek ๐Ÿ˜€

erika21
Participant
@erika21

Million thanks, ArniVidar. You really revealed a puzzle to me! ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Quite welcome. I guess you just lucked out, coming here. I doubt many people know this. The only reason I know the Tengwar alphabet, is because I was planning a rune tattoo of my own ๐Ÿ˜€

erika21
Participant
@erika21

Yes, you must be right – I am a lucky one. This was the first place I asked in… ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar

LOL. Brilliant ๐Ÿ˜€

Obviously you were meant to find out ๐Ÿ™‚

bighairedmike
Participant
@bighairedmike
ArniVidar;80284 wrote:

You are one awesome individual. ๐Ÿ™‚

I thought I was the only one who recognised it ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
ArniVidar;80321 wrote:
Quite welcome. I guess you just lucked out, coming here. I doubt many people know this. The only reason I know the Tengwar alphabet, is because I was planning a rune tattoo of my own ๐Ÿ˜€

Wooohoo….. Glad you’re here! I may be asking you for a word to work into my upcoming tatt… My Tengwar is about 17 years rusty. LOL I read LOTR at least once a year, but I’m so out of practice I’d have to start over on the elvish.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hah. That shouldn’t be much of a problem. Aren’t you the one with the Sindarin symbol circle on your back?

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Nope… I only have one tatt, a crappy Grateful Dead bear on my ankle I got when I was 17. Mom paid for it to piss off Dad. I’m getting a fantasy piece started in June. Still debating 1/2 sleeve or large lower leg piece. If I do anything with words, it’ll be something Tolkien-esque.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Very cool. Look forward to seeing that piece. I can’t afford to start any of my pieces (most of which are fantasy based) so I’ll have to settle for watching others getting theirs and cry myself to sleep ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.