Lucifer
Participant
@lucifer

Hi
Back in July there was a great thread with some very valuable information on getting the cremated remains of a human loved one infused with the tattoo ink.
There was a later post regarding the individual that was looking for an artist in CA who would help him with his dogs’ remains…
What I am wondering, as my Lucifer has just died and she is being cremated (dog), does it make a difference if the remains are human or canine (in a dna way) that are infused with the ink? It sounds weird when I say it out loud or type it (like I am trying to breed man and dog) but is this doable in the “I am not going to grow a tail” sort of way?
Your help is appreciated
Leslie
:confused:

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Considering DNA is destroyed by heat, and by definition your dog is going to be a pile of ashes, I’d be inclined to say no. However, that you would even consider getting a tattoo infused with the ashes of a dead anything suggests you should seek psychiatric help.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

No as stated the ashes are inert as the biological content is destroyed which would kill all known bacteria. The intact DNA is generally destroyed except in the cases of teeth.

Teeth can survive massive heat levels and bones to an extent which is why they are ground to dust before being added back to the ashes. Bacteria will have been killed off by the heat.

I would not so much worry about the DNA of the dog as this is likely to be 99.9% destroyed but you run the same risks as inserting ashes of a human body into your tattoo.

These being rejection of the foreign body (the ashes) in the tattoo pigment and post bacterial or cross contamination of the source after cremation.

Put simply sticking dead remains (ashes or otherwise) is not the best thing ever but as it is mostly carbon based and if you make sure it remains sterile the risk is quite low in terms of infection but unable to say about the rejection rate as very much depends on individual.

Take care
Matthew

SteCleary
Participant
@stecleary

the thing i never get about stuff like this is why? do people not know how little the big ass fie is cleaned out? its every 6 bbq sessions.
i remember when my gran was sent to the gates of hell the undertaker warned my mother that there is a chance NONE of the ashes would actually be my grandmothers due to the fact of how little they clean the grill.

Lucifer
Participant
@lucifer
SteCleary;78832 wrote:
the thing i never get about stuff like this is why? do people not know how little the big ass fie is cleaned out? its every 6 bbq sessions.
i remember when my gran was sent to the gates of hell the undertaker warned my mother that there is a chance NONE of the ashes would actually be my grandmothers due to the fact of how little they clean the grill.

Actually, with one of my family members actually working in the cremation industry, I can honestly tell you that the remains you receive, if a private cremation was requested and it is a completed at a reputable cremation home, will be those of your loved one!

But thank you anyway.

Lucifer
Participant
@lucifer
KnightHawk;78827 wrote:
Considering DNA is destroyed by heat, and by definition your dog is going to be a pile of ashes, I’d be inclined to say no. However, that you would even consider getting a tattoo infused with the ashes of a dead anything suggests you should seek psychiatric help.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

:p…I assure you —> completely sane!! LOL!

m/m/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.