hannah2112
Participant
@hannah2112

Does anybody have any tattoos in Sanskrit? I think it is a gorgeous language and am thinking about getting the quote “I would rather share one lifetime with you than spend all the ages in the world alone” in Sanskrit. It is a quote from Lord of the Rings. I am going to dedicate to my husband since we both love Lord of the Rings. I am such a nerd haha. Anyway, if anyone does can you show a picture and tell me how you got it translated?! Thanks~

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Sanskrit is a tough translation as are most languages as the uniqueness to each culture is lost once moved to another. Plus we’ve all heard horror stories with doing tattoos in other languages the tattooed doesn’t speak. With that in mind Sanskrit does look really good! Where are you located? Is there a local college professor or temple you may be able to seek advice from? I don’t know where you want to get it or how big but script is always a great looking tattoo when done right by a good tattooer!!! One of my all time favorite things….good script tattoos!

Just my thoughts……

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

I agree with TooManyNotEnough. Make sure you get a really good translation first.
But.. If you’re doing a Lord of the rings qoute, why not do it in elvish? Just figured, that should be a bit easier to get a translation of, (probabuly thousands of nerds out there who can help you.) and it goes with the whole theme?
Just an idea ๐Ÿ™‚ You can always search online for Sanskrit-translators, but you might have to pay up a bit.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
poxphobia;77446 wrote:
I agree with TooManyNotEnough. Make sure you get a really good translation first.
But.. If you’re doing a Lord of the rings qoute, why not do it in elvish? Just figured, that should be a bit easier to get a translation of, (probabuly thousands of nerds out there who can help you.) and it goes with the whole theme?
Just an idea ๐Ÿ™‚ You can always search online for Sanskrit-translators, but you might have to pay up a bit.

Took the post right out of my keyboard, as it is. Elvish would be perfect for this. I tried to find a link but I couldn’t find one quickly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.